• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

[VB6] MDI: Controls wont intialize

Started by Tazo, September 20, 2005, 09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tazo

Ok..I do like this

Dim f as new Form1
f.show

So I changed my addtext function to say like f.rtb1 right? Well It gives me 'Object Required.' same with all controls, including winsock..whats the deal? is there like a IntiliazeControls thing lol

MyndFyre

QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Tazo

rabbit

Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Tazo

Private Sub mnuAbc_Click()
Dim f As New Form1
f.Show
Load f
End Sub

No luck.

rabbit

Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Tazo

i Tried that, no luck =/
rabbit got AIM

rabbit

Yes, but I'm not on.

This is directly out of one of my MDI projects, and it works:

QuoteDim frm As frmController
    Set frm = New frmController
    Load frm

Meh.

Tazo

ok so I did

Private Sub abc_Click()
    Dim f As Form1
    Set f = New Form1
    Load f
    f.Show
End Sub

Everything, like my addtext function (which says f.Rtb1 for the rtb) says '424: Object Required'. Rabbit can I email you the src and you can tell me whats wrong :/ I've tried everything at this point  >:(
btw: addtext is in a mod and the pbuffer in a cls

UserLoser.

Not sure if this'll make a difference, but try:

Private Sub abc_Click()
    Dim f As Form
    Set f = New Form1
    Load f
    f.Show
End Sub

MyndFyre

Quote from: UserLoser on September 22, 2005, 08:17 PM

Private Sub abc_Click()
    Dim f As Form
    Set f = New Form1
    Load f
    f.Show
End Sub

That's exactly what he'd posted.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

UserLoser.

Quote from: MyndFyre on September 22, 2005, 08:22 PM
Quote from: UserLoser on September 22, 2005, 08:17 PM

Private Sub abc_Click()
    Dim f As Form
    Set f = New Form1
    Load f
    f.Show
End Sub

That's exactly what he'd posted.

No, it's not

Tazo

Nope.
What I'm going to have to do is move everything into my Form1, like my addtext and pbuffer and stuff =/

Tazo

Ok, I moved everything into my main form and it works fine now.
Thanks for the help!

Adron

It looks like the original problem was defining f inside a sub and then trying to use it from another sub?