• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

BNLS

Started by warzone, September 13, 2005, 04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warzone

When are you all going to update bnls?

rabbit

When someone clicks the Update button.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

MyndFyre

Quote from: warzone on September 13, 2005, 04:53 PM

Around the time that you get pissed off enough to implement local hashing on your bot.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

UserLoser.

Quote from: rabbit on September 13, 2005, 06:27 PM

Na, more like when someone issues the command downloadfile and patchhashfiles.  Of course, I can do it but BNLS doesn't listen to me :P

Joe[x86]

Ah, you must be new here.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

BaDDBLooD

Quote from: Joe on September 13, 2005, 10:12 PM
Ah, you must be new here.

Anyone else get a kick out of that as much as i did?
There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating: people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing.

UserLoser.

I was told it will be updated this Friday :P

Networks

Ya know that's not to bad of an idea! Why doesn't someone create a packet where vL members (or trusted friends) are allowed to update a product simply by sending a version byte update packet?

MyndFyre

Quote from: Networks on September 14, 2005, 09:00 AM

Ya know that's not to bad of an idea! Why doesn't someone create a packet where vL members (or trusted friends) are allowed to update a product simply by sending a version byte update packet?

That's not how BNLS works, anyway.  BNLS takes commands from trusted sources to download and apply a patch from Battle.net.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

UserLoser.

Quote from: Networks on September 14, 2005, 09:00 AM

One already exists, see this message.

For those wanting an explanation of why nobody has updated it, read the following:
The person who I was in contact last night said the only time available to update BNLS will most likely be this upcoming Friday.  The reason why is because of the newer MPQ formats.  BNLS may crash from them and that would only create a mess.  So he needs a day where he knows he has time to fix it and deal with it just incase something of that nature happens (like the last time D2 updated it was getting some filesize mismatch error).

warzone

Hrmm still not updated  ???

Spilled

Quote from: warzone on September 17, 2005, 12:52 AM
Hrmm still not updated  ???

Patience is a virtue. Especially when your depending on others. You can always use hashes?  ;D

QwertyMonster

When you wait for it to be updated, use hashes. Its not hard.. Get the 3 current SC hashes (Battle.snp, storm.dll, starcraft.exe). Go to your SB Folder and create 'STAR' and 'SEXP'. Place those 3 files in both of them folders. Then go to your SB, Settings -> Advanced -> Choose Local Hashing. I think its "Settings -> Advanced". I'm going by the top of my head.. Please correct me if im wrong.

rabbit

You're assuming everyone is using StealthBot, which sucks, and on top of that is a retarded thing to do.  Stop assuming things.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

warzone

Quote from: rabbit on September 17, 2005, 03:04 PM
You're assuming everyone is using StealthBot, which sucks, and on top of that is a retarded thing to do.  Stop assuming things.

Thank you rabbit. Any ways I dont use stealth bot. I use another bot that only works with bnls.