• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Starcraft 1.13D

Started by Hdx, September 06, 2005, 04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QwertyMonster

I asked on Battle.net forums about ladder, and he said ladder is going to change, big time. Its on their list. He says winbot won't work. I told my friend this, and he said something about UDP. Any ideas on this?

DeTaiLs

Aren't all Blizzard games run on UDP besides diablo?

Lead

Blizzard is just trying to make Battle.net a better community by getting rid of hacking (sigh)
It will come to the point where Battle.net will be sending keep-alive packets that only the client will know how to respond to......so we are pretty fucked in the long run.

Topaz

I don't really see how Blizzard is going to care about Starcraft/D2. They've already generated tons of revenue, and they gain nothing by improving a free service.

iago

Quote from: HdxBmx27 on September 06, 2005, 04:40 PM
God I wish they would tell us what tehre really doing under the hood :P
But when has Blizzard ever done that?
~-~(HDX)~-~

There are plenty of binary-diff tools available.  Feel free to find out for us?
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

UserLoser.

Quote from: DeTaiLs on September 07, 2005, 09:48 AM
Aren't all Blizzard games run on UDP besides diablo?

Diablo II/Warcraft III/WoW is 100% TCP.

Qwertymonster: As far as winbots, tell your friend they have nothing to do with the in-game protocol (which happens to use UDP) so they still should be ok as long as they don't change the Battle.net chat servers.

dxoigmn

Quote from: UserLoser on September 07, 2005, 08:03 PM
Qwertymonster: As far as winbots, tell your friend they have nothing to do with the in-game protocol (which happens to use UDP) so they still should be ok as long as they don't change the Battle.net chat servers.

Speaking of modifications to BNCS, I can easily see Blizzard implementing Warden into Starcraft (if it is not already in there, I don't know) and requiring a response to a certain packet once you tell the server you're in a game. That's modification wouldn't be all that difficult either and would stop winbots, unless someone publically releases a method to emulate Warden.

Blaze

Couldn't you just hook the packet and modify it saying nothing bad is running?
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

UserLoser.

Quote from: Blaze on September 07, 2005, 09:46 PM
Couldn't you just hook the packet and modify it saying nothing bad is running?

Probably wouldn't work, considering the Warden client downloads a module from the server and executes what's in it.  Most likely there will be no static "success" value

Lenny

How often does the Warden client download this module?  I doubt battle.net will implement this type of system if there's a heavy bandwidth cost.
The Bovine Revolution
Something unimportant

Live Battle.net:

WARNING: The preceding message may have contained content unsuitable for young children.

UserLoser.

Quote from: Lenny on September 08, 2005, 12:07 AM
How often does the Warden client download this module?  I doubt battle.net will implement this type of system if there's a heavy bandwidth cost.

Warden client has already been around in D2/W3 for a while now, afaik :P.  How do you think they caught people in the past, and still do today? :P

QwertyMonster

Lol thanks for that Info UserLoser. I will tell him.

And Warden.. doesn't that make everyone's game freeze? My friend said he was packetlogging d2 or something and found out that, that the day he packetlogged d2, Warden was turned off for the whole day. Ideas? :-\

UserLoser.

Quote from: QwertyMonster on September 08, 2005, 01:58 AM

And Warden.. doesn't that make everyone's game freeze? My friend said he was packetlogging d2 or something and found out that, that the day he packetlogged d2, Warden was turned off for the whole day. Ideas? :-\

Yes I have an idea, find new friends to get info from :P

Ringo

Quote from: QwertyMonster on September 08, 2005, 01:58 AM

Has been turned off for the past 6 days now

Doodle77

Quote from: HdxBmx27 on September 06, 2005, 04:40 PM
God I wish they would tell us what tehre really doing under the hood :P
But when has Blizzard ever done that?
~-~(HDX)~-~
they did nothing but fix the infested terran bug for this patch i think. the other two were EUDS,EAS+ESS,and button action modifying. :/