• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Monitors..

Started by Archonist, August 31, 2005, 08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archonist

I'm buying a flat panel monitor pretty soon....

What are your recommendations on companies? I was looking at a few websites, but I don't want to throw $400 out for a monitor that will die in a few months.  :P

Stealth

Dell's LCD monitors are great quality and backed with solid warranties. I'm using one myself. :)
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

quasi-modo

I have a 17'' lg that I got for 200 b/c of an instant rebate on newegg. I love it, has a nice warantee, looks cool, great picture.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Invert

Quote from: Stealth on August 31, 2005, 12:34 PM
Dell's LCD monitors are great quality and backed with solid warranties. I'm using one myself. :)

Yeah I have to agree, I got a Dell LCD 20" with my Dell computer dude!

DeTaiLs

Quote from: Invert on August 31, 2005, 04:29 PM
Quote from: Stealth on August 31, 2005, 12:34 PM

Yeah I have to agree, I got a Dell LCD 20" with my Dell computer dude!

Yeah i got a Dell LCD 17" inch also i got the dude you got a dell shirt with it also

Topaz

Wait until OLED becomes reality, they're going to be loads cheaper and more efficient.

Zakath

I could not bring myself to ever buy anything from Dell.
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.

K

At work almost all of us have dual 17" flat panel Dell monitors.  We have some other brands, but the Dells by far look the sharpest.  Great for gaming, too.  I definently recommend them.

There was a good deal on them @ techbargains.com a couple days ago (we ordered more ;)), I think the price was around $240.  Don't know if it's still there.