• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Post-Reply Pre-Login Ping (0x25 Ping Spoof => 0 Ping)

Started by Securify, August 26, 2005, 02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Securify

Ok I understand I can accomplish -1 ping by using the following code:

Case &H25
     If Val(GetStuff("Other", "Spoof -1 Ping")) = 1 Then
          Exit Sub

And I get normal ping by this code:

Else
          With PBuffer
                .InsertNonNTString Mid(Data, 5, 4)
                .SendPacket &H25
          End With
     End If

That is my 0x25 Packet sending and receiving.  Now how do I go about getting 0 ping?  I read, and have interpreted in my own words, the title "Post-Reply Pre-Login Ping" to "Reply After the Pre-Login Ping as been sent".  To get -1 is "Ignore Pre-Login Ping" as you see above.  It just ignores it completely.  How do you reply to the packet after it has already been sent?  By a timer?

Any help is appreciated.
k

Hdx

-1 = Ignoring it
Normal = Normal
0 =  Sending it before you get it
You can get 0 by sending packet 0x25 (SID_PING) before you recive it. Send it with a value of 0 right after you send 0x50 (SID_AUTH_INFO)
~-~(HDX)~-~

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Securify

k

Hdx

JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Securify

I sent that packet in my &H50, after the rest of the coding, and I also put changed it to this in the above coding:

If Val(GetStuff("Other", "Spoof 0 Ping")) = 1 Then
Else

So it doesn't do anything in the &H25, it moves to &H50 and then sends the packet with a value of 0.

Result:  Normal Ping.

I even put it in my &H25 Packet.

If Val(GetStuff("Other", "Spoof 0 Ping")) = 1 Then
     With PBuffer
          .InsertDWORD 0
          .SendPacket &H25
     End With

Same result, normal ping.
k

Hdx

Send it when you send 0x50, not when you recive 0x50.
~-~(HDX)~-~

JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Securify

There we go, thanks man.  I appreciate it much! :)
k

Spht

Quote from: Securify on August 26, 2005, 02:30 PMI read, and have interpreted in my own words, the title "Post-Reply Pre-Login Ping" to "Reply After the Pre-Login Ping as been sent".  To get -1 is "Ignore Pre-Login Ping" as you see above.  It just ignores it completely.

No.  Isn't it obvious?  "Ignore Pre-Login Ping," pre-logon ping being the SID_PING message Battle.net sends before login (hence, "pre login") to determine your "ping time."  The bot will ignore that message, but respond to all future requests.  This gives you what people tend to call "-1 ping"(?)

"Post-Reply Pre-Login Ping," again referring to the ping that is sent before login ("pre-login ping").  But here instead of ignoring the request, the bot will now reply before it even receives the message (hence, "post reply").  This sort of tricks Battle.net allowing you to achieve an extraordinary low ping time--usually zero.

There you have it.

Yegg

Spht, I have a question. After I've received 0x25, can I echo back a different value? If I can echo back a different value would this mean that I can make up my own ping timestamp?

Blaze

You can echo back any 4 bytes you want.  It doesn't make a change in the ping though.
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

Securify

Quote from: Spht on August 26, 2005, 04:23 PM
Quote from: Securify on August 26, 2005, 02:30 PMI read, and have interpreted in my own words, the title "Post-Reply Pre-Login Ping" to "Reply After the Pre-Login Ping as been sent". To get -1 is "Ignore Pre-Login Ping" as you see above. It just ignores it completely.

No. Isn't it obvious? "Ignore Pre-Login Ping," pre-logon ping being the SID_PING message Battle.net sends before login (hence, "pre login") to determine your "ping time." The bot will ignore that message, but respond to all future requests. This gives you what people tend to call "-1 ping"(?)

"Post-Reply Pre-Login Ping," again referring to the ping that is sent before login ("pre-login ping"). But here instead of ignoring the request, the bot will now reply before it even receives the message (hence, "post reply"). This sort of tricks Battle.net allowing you to achieve an extraordinary low ping time--usually zero.

There you have it.

I appreciate you going, kind of, in depth about this subject.  I was a bit confused on the true meaning, but I got it now.

Again, thanks.
k

Warrior

Quote from: Yegg on August 26, 2005, 04:50 PM
Spht, I have a question. After I've received 0x25, can I echo back a different value? If I can echo back a different value would this mean that I can make up my own ping timestamp?

You can however time your  response to SID_PING and get an approximate ping that you want.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Yegg

Quote from: Warrior on August 26, 2005, 05:34 PM
Quote from: Yegg on August 26, 2005, 04:50 PM

You can however time your  response to SID_PING and get an approximate ping that you want.
I see. Thanks Warrior.

FrOzeN

You can also add to your ping time.
Eg. Let's say you normal ping is 172ms.

By doing:
Case &H25
    'Code to Pause for 3 seconds
    With PBuffer
        .InsertNonNTString Mid(Data, 5, 4)
        .SendPacket &H25
    End With

Your ping will be: 3172ms.
However it's very hard to make it do this accurately, and by causing your ping to exceed 59999ms you won't establish a connection to Battle.net.

Yet, not sure how but people have exceeded Battle.net pings over 60 seconds.. but there unstable and usually only last 2-10 minutes.
~ FrOzeN

Blaze

Quote from: FrOzeN on August 27, 2005, 01:35 AM
Yet, not sure how but people have exceeded Battle.net pings over 60 seconds..

They still send the keepalive packet, which keeps the connection alive.
but there unstable and usually only last 2-10 minutes.
Where did you get that from?
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No