• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Odd return with MCP_STARTUP

Started by DarkMinion, August 24, 2005, 11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkMinion

For some reason, I'm getting a return of 0x0000007f on MCP_STARTUP, which is not listed on bnetdocs as a known return value.  Anyone have any ideas?

DarkMinion

Apparently it means you've received a temporary IPBan from MCP server...odd

DarkMinion

Arta, you should add that as a possible return value for MCP_STARTUP in bnetdocs when you get a chance

MyndFyre

QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

vuther.de

Warrior

Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Yegg

Quote0x7f: Temporary IP ban from the MCP server*
I think it would look nicer if the "f" was capitalized. :)

MyndFyre

Quote from: Yegg on August 24, 2005, 04:50 PM
I disagree.  I prefer my numeric constants to have lowercase capitalization.  But thanks for the comment.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

QwertyMonster

Quote from: MyndFyre on August 24, 2005, 05:06 PM
I disagree. I prefer my numeric constants to have lowercase capitalization. But thanks for the comment.

May i ask, why? Usually caps make things stand more out. Wouldn't you want it to stand out?

Hdx

Quote from: QwertyMonster on August 24, 2005, 07:54 PM
May i ask, why? Usually caps make things stand more out. Wouldn't you want it to stand out?
With lowercased letters I find it easier to determin sertian leters from each other (F and E for example [f and e])
~-~(HDX)~-~

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Newby

a b c d e f

Look a lot less similar in nature to each than:

A B C D E F
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

MyndFyre

Quote from: QwertyMonster on August 24, 2005, 07:54 PM
Quote from: MyndFyre on August 24, 2005, 05:06 PM
I disagree. I prefer my numeric constants to have lowercase capitalization. But thanks for the comment.

BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE MY HEX NUMBERS TO LOOK LIKE THEY'RE YELLING.
0XFFEDABCF

It's okay to type the identifiers out in caps for constants, as it's commonly used:

const int MAX_BYTES_PER_MSG = 412;

#define INCOMING_BUFFER_LENGTH 0x7ff

I just prefer lowercase numeric literals.

R.a.B.B.i.T

Caps are bad, as shown by 0XBADFACE.

DarkMinion

I have a question: Why the hell does it matter?

R.a.B.B.i.T

It doesn't, really.  We're just bored.