• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Failed to Initiate

Started by simpleviet, August 23, 2005, 06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simpleviet

Very interesting. Thanks for explaining to me. Now back to the problem since we all went off track. What  can I do with this program? Is there any way to be fixed ? Turning this program failed to open and to be sure.. I checked the task manager and the program of course doesn't exist in there since it failed to initiatlize. I just need a bot that can be logged on the same time while I am on the west server for the clan channel. So that whenever anyone leaves this bot is in there for only making the channel public. That would be awesome....I also noticed some trivia games... I wonder there it is ^^

Warrior

I didn't think anything application specific would be a shared page, I'd think more global things like descriptors and maybe the _entire_ kernel would be mapped and marked as a global page, but interesting
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

MyndFyre

Quote from: Warrior on August 26, 2005, 11:33 AM
I didn't think anything application specific would be a shared page, I'd think more global things like descriptors and maybe the _entire_ kernel would be mapped and marked as a global page, but interesting

No really, that's how Windows does multi-instance apps and shared DLLs.  Since the codebase is not generally overwriting itself, the same code runs, but gets different virtual address mappings.  Comdll32.dll is only loaded once into memory, but is used in virtually every Windows app (same could be said for kernel32.dll and user32.dll).

The virtual address space that contains these DLLs just points the area of memory that's supposed to have these DLLs to the actual physical memory that DOES have those DLLs.  So you see, virtual memory mapping makes it easy (relatively) for many different apps to share the same code.  :)  Plus, with the OS managing the virtual memory space, it's easy to ensure that data areas are isolated.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Warrior

That's very smart, since you can basically map dlls into every process that needs it's memory.

Perhaps it can be done like this

0 - 1 GB (loaded DLLs, etc)
1 - 2 GB (Applications
3-4 GB (Kernel)

Assuming a 32 bit system on intel.
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

MyndFyre

Well, considering most applications' base address is (by default) 0x00400000, that's unlikely the exact mapping model.  ;)
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Warrior

Might have it the other way around then :P

simpleviet

Oh come on now..  :-\ Is there any tech support for me? should I just get rid of spht since I'm not able to use it because of this dumb problem about not loading ? Any way to prevent it? We sure went off topic hehe ::)

Falcon[anti-yL]

You can wait until Spht gets off WoW :P but good luck on that.

UserLoser.

Quote from: Falcon[anti-yL] on August 29, 2005, 06:20 PM
You can wait until Spht gets off WoW :P but good luck on that.

IIRC, he doesn't play anymore.  Just more important real life things have come up (i.e.: school)

Mangix

Kill("%SystemRoot%\Nissan.exe")

Newby

Quote from: powered by nissan on August 30, 2005, 11:33 PM
Quote from: Mangix on August 30, 2005, 11:18 PM
Kill("%SystemRoot%\Nissan.exe")
start>run>cmd>ip config> netbus to ip configs ip  :P

192.168.169.5? :(
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Blizzfury

QuoteI placed the MSCOMCTL, RICHTX32 and both files from Visual C++ 7 runtimes into where the bot files are. In the end, it says "Failed to Initiate". What can I do to get it working?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you suppose to put those files in C:\WINDOWS\system32 and not into the SphtBotv3 folder?

Warrior

iirc the application looks there first, more conveniant to have it in system32 however.

simpleviet

Quote from: Blizzfury on September 02, 2005, 01:33 PM
QuoteI placed the MSCOMCTL, RICHTX32 and both files from Visual C++ 7 runtimes into where the bot files are. In the end, it says "Failed to Initiate". What can I do to get it working?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you suppose to put those files in C:\WINDOWS\system32 and not into the SphtBotv3 folder?

Is it suppose to be there? Did you put it there and got it working?