• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Flag Spoofing?

Started by SubLiminaL_WolF, May 07, 2003, 11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SubLiminaL_WolF

:owhen i seen a dude come in the channel with a flag of 666 i was concrned and asked him cuz most people have a flag of 0 and then he sayd he spoofed it. Im not sure but i dont think you can spoof a flag because if we could then we can be a blizz rep or a special guest or in the kbk please give some comments :P

iago

Well, flag 666 would be 2 | 8 | 10 | 80 | 200.. what would that be, maybe it's possible with the right combination of allowed stuff :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Yoni

8 is Blizzard.

Edit: Here are the possibilities, sorted from most probable to least probable:

• Either you or your bot misread the ping as flags. It is not difficult to spoof 666ms ping.
  • Either you or your bot is lying.
  • You saw this user on a Battle.net emulation server, not on the real Battle.net.
  • The person exploited a bug in your bot that lets him change his flags variable in your bot.
  • Someone in Blizzard was having fun.
  • The person found a bug in Battle.net that lets him change his flags.

SubLiminaL_WolF

well im not sure but if its a bug wouldnt you think that all the good programmers would have caught it by now? like skywing or c0ke :P

Yoni

Ok, you ruled out the least probable possibility in my list. The rest still stand, especially the first two.

SubLiminaL_WolF

so in otherwise you think im lying well w/e i dont care i thaught i would brign it to your guy's attention and see if it was a bug >:(

Banana fanna fo fanna

Quote from: SubLiminaL_WolF on May 08, 2003, 11:10 AM
well im not sure but if its a bug wouldnt you think that all the good programmers would have caught it by now? like skywing or c0ke :P

haha c0ke

+1 for funny sarcasm

iago

Quote from: Yoni on May 08, 2003, 10:58 AM
8 is Blizzard.

Edit: Here are the possibilities, sorted from most probable to least probable:

• Either you or your bot misread the ping as flags. It is not difficult to spoof 666ms ping.
  • Either you or your bot is lying.
  • You saw this user on a Battle.net emulation server, not on the real Battle.net.
  • The person exploited a bug in your bot that lets him change his flags variable in your bot.
  • Someone in Blizzard was having fun.
  • The person found a bug in Battle.net that lets him change his flags.

I think that 3 and 4 should be switched (Counting the top as 1.  Or the bottom as 1.  It don't matter)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Banana fanna fo fanna

Obligatory flame:

Subliminal_wolf: you suck.

drivehappy

I beginning to think Karma is used as a means to spam  :P.