• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

New Mexico boarder gets a fence

Started by CrAz3D, August 13, 2005, 10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrAz3D

rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

UserLoser.

Quote from: Zorm on August 14, 2005, 08:54 PM
They should really just setup a circus game type thing along the border. $3 for 5 shots, kill 5 mexicans win a prize. It would fix the problem fast++.

I got plenty of money and space for some prizes

hismajesty

Anyway, they need to do something about the immigration problem badly. My grandparents, when they were asked if they wanted to donate money again to the Republican party said that they aren't going to, and my consider voting independent unless Bush starts to do something about the immigration problem. Some friends of theirs who my grandma used to work with (well, she worked with the wife) live (or recently moved from, not sure) outside of San Diego. The lady works(ed?) in the education there and the husband is a Commander in the Navy. She did nursing, and she said everyday a schoolbus goes to the Mexican border and picks up the kids. The kids are supposed to be only American Citizens (like, their parents were MExican, snuck into the US and had their kid so their kid gets benefits) but they don't regulate it so Mexicans just get on it. The kids don't speak English or anything. I'm incredibly against us conforming to their language, they need to learn English or leave. It's a sad day when, IN AMERICA, at theme parks or wherever, the directions are read in Spanish before English. That's what is going on in Florida now according to my grandma, in fact, this lady she knows is spanish (or mexican, or something) and her neighberhood used to be like an upper-middle or middle or something class white neighborhood, now it's 99% hispanic.

Yay for North Eastern gated communities, lock em' out!

Forged

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on August 15, 2005, 06:15 PM
Anyway, they need to do something about the immigration problem badly. My grandparents, when they were asked if they wanted to donate money again to the Republican party said that they aren't going to, and my consider voting independent unless Bush starts to do something about the immigration problem. Some friends of theirs who my grandma used to work with (well, she worked with the wife) live (or recently moved from, not sure) outside of San Diego. The lady works(ed?) in the education there and the husband is a Commander in the Navy. She did nursing, and she said everyday a schoolbus goes to the Mexican border and picks up the kids. The kids are supposed to be only American Citizens (like, their parents were MExican, snuck into the US and had their kid so their kid gets benefits) but they don't regulate it so Mexicans just get on it. The kids don't speak English or anything. I'm incredibly against us conforming to their language, they need to learn English or leave. It's a sad day when, IN AMERICA, at theme parks or wherever, the directions are read in Spanish before English. That's what is going on in Florida now according to my grandma, in fact, this lady she knows is spanish (or mexican, or something) and her neighberhood used to be like an upper-middle or middle or something class white neighborhood, now it's 99% hispanic.

Yay for North Eastern gated communities, lock em' out!
Look on the bright side, atleast they aren't signing treaties with us that take our land then breaking said treaties and killing/raping us for more land.
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

Mephisto

I really don't see what's wrong with having signs/directions in Spanish before English when there is an incredibly large Spanish influence in Southern states, especially California, New Mexico, etc.  There's also nothing wrong with added diversity in my opinion to this country, considering basically everyone in this country came from different cultures, whether born in America or not.  You're also not being asked to conform to their language, and it's not like we are now anyways, but I don't see what's wrong with people who are willing to conform to their language and with having a large amount of Spanish in those areas when a large amount of people down there are of Spanish speaking cultures.

Zorm

The problem is, instead of spending the money to enforce the laws they spent them making new signs that include spanish. It'd be great if they all entered legally but get realistic, very few of them did. The other huge problem is the number of violent people illegally entering the US. There are known violent gangs like MS13 crossing the Mexican border into the US.

You must work in a classly town if all the illegal immigrants work in the back at McDonalds Trust. Before the McDonalds here closed it was likely they would talk in Spanish when taking your order and such first before they talked in there limited English.

For whoever claimed they provide cheap labor, thats a rather large lie. Around here you can find plently of Mexican labor but its neither cheap nor decent. Most likely it will be some piss poor half ass job. I'm also doubtful that big corporations are intentionally hiring illegal immigrants. They have a lot to lose if they get busted and very little to gain.

These jobs could be going to our homeless people instead of illegal immigrants. Some may not want a job or accept it but I'm willing to bet that a lot would jump at the chance to have a job.
"Now, gentlemen, let us do something today which the world make talk of hereafter."
- Admiral Lord Collingwood

CrAz3D

The farmers round here use mexicans...I'm almost a bizzillion percent possitive they are not paid minimun wage
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Grok

Quote from: Topaz on August 14, 2005, 08:37 PM
His point was, you need to quit stereotyping.

Stereotyping is a good thing, like racial and ethnic profiling.

hismajesty

Quote from: Mephisto on August 15, 2005, 10:57 PM
I really don't see what's wrong with having signs/directions in Spanish before English when there is an incredibly large Spanish influence in Southern states, especially California, New Mexico, etc. There's also nothing wrong with added diversity in my opinion to this country, considering basically everyone in this country came from different cultures, whether born in America or not. You're also not being asked to conform to their language, and it's not like we are now anyways, but I don't see what's wrong with people who are willing to conform to their language and with having a large amount of Spanish in those areas when a large amount of people down there are of Spanish speaking cultures.

Because this is our country, they don't have English signs period in a lot of their country (S. America for instance). If they want to live here they should speak our language. I don't care if there is diversity, but they need to be able to communicate with us. It's wrong when, in America now, you can go shopping and the cashier or something can't even speak English.

QuoteYou must work in a classly town if all the illegal immigrants work in the back at McDonalds Trust.

I didn't say that, we don't have a mexican problem here.

Topaz

Quote from: Grok on August 16, 2005, 09:38 AM
Quote from: Topaz on August 14, 2005, 08:37 PM
His point was, you need to quit stereotyping.

Stereotyping is a good thing, like racial and ethnic profiling.

Not if it's directed in a negative way, especially putting down races and ethnicities as a whole, not the individuals.

Grok

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on August 16, 2005, 05:19 PM
Quote from: Mephisto on August 15, 2005, 10:57 PM
I really don't see what's wrong with having signs/directions in Spanish before English when there is an incredibly large Spanish influence in Southern states, especially California, New Mexico, etc. There's also nothing wrong with added diversity in my opinion to this country, considering basically everyone in this country came from different cultures, whether born in America or not. You're also not being asked to conform to their language, and it's not like we are now anyways, but I don't see what's wrong with people who are willing to conform to their language and with having a large amount of Spanish in those areas when a large amount of people down there are of Spanish speaking cultures.

Because this is our country, they don't have English signs period in a lot of their country (S. America for instance). If they want to live here they should speak our language. I don't care if there is diversity, but they need to be able to communicate with us. It's wrong when, in America now, you can go shopping and the cashier or something can't even speak English.

Ah you don't like that?  How is it not YOUR problem then that you cannot speak the language of the cashier?  Don't go to that store?  Oops now you're less able to move freely about doing commerce.  Maybe its part your responsibility to learn the primary alternate languages.

hismajesty

Or maybe they should learn English.

Adron

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on August 17, 2005, 06:51 AM
Or maybe they should learn English.

Or maybe they don't care for your business? Maybe they're happy dealing with everyone else?

hismajesty

If they don't want our business they should stay in their country.

Grok

Sounds like you're the one with the problem.  The employee is happily employed, the employer has happily hired the person, and there you are, the only unhappy one.  The problem isn't theirs, its yours.

|