Just created my first characters.

Normal Character:   Crazy Kanuk
PvP Character:       Krazy Kanuk

Edit: Screenshot!

http://blazenet.servebeer.com/site.php?page=gallery&image=Crazy_Kanuk.JPG
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

Invert

Looks like I'll be getting the game, it has received very good reviews from players and fan sites.
Seems to be like a fun game that is worth my money.

Please keep posting about this game. I want to hear the good, the bad and the.... well what ever.

Mitosis

What's the gameplay like, Blaze?

hismajesty

Quote from: Akamas on May 04, 2005, 07:38 PM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on May 04, 2005, 07:23 PM
Quote from: LivedKrad on May 04, 2005, 07:13 PM
It's pretty straight forward, Hostile.

It's only pretty straight forward? Then why not be 100% straight forward instead of using a dumb analogy and wasting bandwidth by having to explain yourself and wasting our time making us read two (or three) posts instead of one.

You should take your own advice into consideration.

I was well aware that I was being hypocritical when posting that, thanks.

Blaze

Quote from: Mitosis on May 06, 2005, 06:05 AM
What's the gameplay like, Blaze?

Similiar to WoW, but in my opinion, everything is much smoother and more realalistic looking. All the grass sways in the wind and the Character Modelling is the best I have ever seen. The story starts out pretty slow, but by level 3-5 when you get your second profession, the story changes a lot, then the game really starts. I have been coming home and playing this game as much as I can since Wednesday (When I bought it), and it's really addicative.  There are a lot of good players.  There is a PvP system, but its like fighting in an arena.  My main role playing character is a Ranger and a Necromancer.  I can charm animals so they are my pet and help me fight, I can shoot arrows long distances while my pet keeps them from getting to me.  There is something called the hall of heros, which is the high high level people battling for international glory. Each time America, Europe, or Asia win, they get closer to "being favored by the gods".  Basicly people are fighting for their country to be at the top of the ladder.  You can buy dy to colour things, you need materials to make clothes, ect. and its just a great game overall.

My rating 9/10

Mitosis

So it's turned base fighting like wow?

Blaze

Quote from: Mitosis on May 06, 2005, 02:38 PM
I don't know what you mean by that. In the PvP arena, everyone is fighting in real time.

Mitosis

Quote from: Blaze on May 06, 2005, 05:37 PM
Quote from: Mitosis on May 06, 2005, 02:38 PM
I don't know what you mean by that. In the PvP arena, everyone is fighting in real time.

You know like...final fantasy rpg...select an attack, wait for it to go, or is it hack n slash?

hismajesty

Hack and slash, basically. From my experience during the testing stage, you go the arena thing and you get put onto a team of like four people. You're in this big field area with rocks and whatever, it's not too big but it's big enough and you dual it out. The mages and such generally hang in the back while warriors rush up front.

Blaze

Thats about it trust.  There is strategy to it too, depending on your character and its abilities.

Edit:

Your your ingame viewing pleasure,

http://blazenet.servebeer.com/site?page=guildwarsgallery

Mitosis

Ian, my birthday is on the 24, I'll be buying GW. We will play together :)

hismajesty

wtf? didn't you just have a birthday...like, a year ago or something?

Blaze

Quote from: Mitosis on May 10, 2005, 06:12 PM
Ian, my birthday is on the 24, I'll be buying GW. We will play together :)
Good to here.  Now how are the rest of you people coming along?

Invert

It's been some time now, it is still fun to play?

Blaze

Yeah, just I have been busy so I haven't played much more.  At the begining their was a lack of story line, now its just flowing like a river, and its actually interesting to see what happens next.

|