• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

MBNCSUtil 1.0.4.1 (Managed BNCSUtil) released.

Started by MyndFyre, July 26, 2005, 07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lenny

My point was that inheriting SHA1 from java was not possible.  But inheriting from MessageDigest does have some great advantages.

Also, while on the topic of XSHA1, my implementation seems to generate a different hash when a blank ("") password is used.  It would be great if someone were able to create and account with a blank password to see what the client would send.

These are the 5 dwords:
0x4d3aa0ee
0x94261d5a
0x584a6f57
0x6b8d9960
0x1546c680
The Bovine Revolution
Something unimportant

Live Battle.net:

WARNING: The preceding message may have contained content unsuitable for young children.

dxoigmn

Quote from: Lenny on July 27, 2005, 11:30 PM
My point was that inheriting SHA1 from java was not possible.  But inheriting from MessageDigest does have some great advantages.

I suggested MyndFyre inherit from SHA1 on the .NET framework. You then come along and post "done" and I quickly glanced over your code and didn't notice you inheriting from SHA1, much less anything, regardless of the language you were using. The point was that you should inherit from some base class given the language you were using if the language has some sort of framework, which Java does. You just didn't do you research nor read my post correctly.

Lenny

I agree that it would be better to inherit from MessageDigest.  But I initially took your original post as inheritance from the actual SHA1 algorithm.  As far as I have seen, the code I posted is the only one which inherits from the actual algorithm.  This is why I'm also mentioning the anomaly I'm getting with the SHA1 hash of "".
The Bovine Revolution
Something unimportant

Live Battle.net:

WARNING: The preceding message may have contained content unsuitable for young children.

dxoigmn

Quote from: Lenny on July 28, 2005, 03:31 PM
I agree that it would be better to inherit from MessageDigest.  But I initially took your original post as inheritance from the actual SHA1 algorithm.  As far as I have seen, the code I posted is the only one which inherits from the actual algorithm.  This is why I'm also mentioning the anomaly I'm getting with the SHA1 hash of "".

My VB.NET version generates the same values as yours does.

Lenny

hashBuffer[0] = 0x67452301;
hashBuffer[1] = 0xEFCDAB89;
hashBuffer[2] = 0x98BADCFE;
hashBuffer[3] = 0x10325476;
hashBuffer[4] = 0xC3D2E1F0;

is iago's XSHA output of "".
The Bovine Revolution
Something unimportant

Live Battle.net: