• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

WebChannel Connection Problem

Started by TristaN, July 23, 2005, 11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TristaN

[00:05:09] Connected To WebChannel communications server.
[00:05:10] WebChannel Error: Connection is aborted due to timeout or other failure

What does this mean? When I see it I assume it means I'm ipbanned or somthing is wrong with my connection. Maybe firewall, but I doubt it. I had trouble logging onto BotNet today as well when I was using SphtBotv3.  I asked my friend to try and connect to BotNet earlier today and he had no problem.

If it means anything, my webchannel account [vL] setup is KoA.

QwertyMonster

Isn't that error ipban? :-\ Correct me if im wrong.

TristaN

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. But why would I be ipbanned from the WebChannel server?

Newby

Quote from: QwertyMonster on July 24, 2005, 03:58 AM
Isn't that error ipban? :-\ Correct me if im wrong.

No, that's exactly what it says it is. The connection was aborted due to timeout or another failure.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

TristaN

I ment whats causing it and how can I fix it?...

UserLoser.

TristaN

Hmm.. but I didn't do anything but log on BotNet and log off ealier that day. Why would I be IP banned for nothing?  Is the IP ban perminent?

UserLoser.

Quote from: TristaN on July 24, 2005, 08:56 PM
Hmm.. but I didn't do anything but log on BotNet and log off ealier that day. Why would I be IP banned for nothing?  Is the IP ban perminent?

IP bans last until an admin removes it :P

TristaN

Is there a way to get removed? Do they remove IP banned users after a certain time has passed and who are the admins I should talk to about this?

Kp

Quote from: TristaN on July 24, 2005, 11:10 PM
Is there a way to get removed? Do they remove IP banned users after a certain time has passed and who are the admins I should talk to about this?

Perhaps you're not very good at finding the important points in a thread, so I will direct your attention to the following:

Quote from: UserLoser on July 24, 2005, 10:02 PMIP bans last until an admin removes it :P

To summarize:
  • can it be removed -- yes, it can.
  • No, we don't.  Bans are laid down for cause, and are not revoked lightly.
  • Botnet administrators have the A flag set on their user profile when you list currently-logged-on users on BotNet.  Any user with this flag can remove -- or create -- an entry in the IP ban list.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

TristaN

*Sigh* I guess that means I'm banned forever...

Who should I talk to about getting unbanned and how can I contact them?

Psycho

How about you try talking to Spht. He seems to be getting online more often now.

TristaN

If I tell Spht I got IP banned he'll just assume I did somthing bad and refuse to help me :(.

Psycho

Sucks for you. Maybe next time you won't abuse your botnet priviledges!