• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Strange Internet Issue

Started by Mr. Neo, July 20, 2005, 12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Neo

On my computer, there is a really strange thing that happens frequently.  I have cable internet and am running Windows XP with SP2 installed.  About once or twice an hour (sometimes every few minutes), the default gateway on the connection just drops.  By drops, I mean it disappears.  When this happens, nothing internet related works and is only solved by doing a release-renew.

I have no problem with this happening when using Fedora.  This has been happening for the past few years, but recently it has gotten much worse.  Any ideas as to what is causing this issue, or even steps to remedy it?

CrAz3D

POssibly too many cablesplitters.  You may be overloading your cable & then the internet flashes (that's what our comcast guy told me when ours was doing this)
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

MyndFyre

I've had that issue in Windows XP SP2.  Well, not quite -- it normally reconnected automatically.  It's weird.  I reinstalled and it worked.  *shrug*
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Mr. Neo

Well at least it sounds somewhat normal.  It's been ~4 years since a format, so that is a definate possibility at this point. 

MyndFyre

I knew it wasn't a driver issue when it happened after I changed cards.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.