(19:53:52) Ron: How are England today?
(19:53:59) Arta: Shaddup :P

:-)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

R.a.B.B.i.T

MyndFyre

Quote from: Rule on July 18, 2005, 11:38 AM
Modification -->  In the (in)complete sentences where you do have verbs that don't refer to nouns, when used imperatively or otherwise, they seem to take the "plural" form.

e.g. Go make me an apple pie!    ;)

Different examples, using verbs in the infinitive form -->

And from then on, I decided it was best to let him do all the cleaning.

I'm tempted to say that unless the verb isn't in the infinitive form yet refers to a noun, it takes the plural form.
That's an interesting set of examples, although I would venture further to say that in using the infinitive, you're actually creating an adjective clause (the same goes with a participle or gerund).

In your first example, the phrase "to let him do all the cleaning" is the noun -- the subject of the sentence (the sentence could have been "And from then on, I decided to let him do all the cleaning was best").

In terms of the command form, "Go make me an apple pie (woman)," I would suggest that the verb is conjugated correctly, with the subject removed.  What is the subject of a command?  You.  Plural or singular, 2nd-person conjugations are always the same ("You go" is the same as "You all go").  Hence the singular or plural command forms always take the second-person conjugation.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Rule

Quote from: MyndFyre
"And from then on, I decided to let him do all the cleaning was best").

You're starting to sound like Yoda....

oops... Yoda, you're starting to sound like :p

MyndFyre

Quote from: Rule on July 18, 2005, 09:55 PM

Still wrong!

Like Yoda, starting to sound, you are.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

R.a.B.B.i.T

Quote from: MyndFyre on July 18, 2005, 10:46 PM
Quote from: Rule on July 18, 2005, 09:55 PM

Still wrong!

Like Yoda, starting to sound, you are.
Nope!
Yoda like sound to start are you.

shout

MyndFyre

OT

As I sit here and look at the sigs of the last 3 posts, it occurs to me that I should note that *I* stole the sig pic from Distant.Echo at StealthBot.net:)

shout

Quote from: MyndFyre on July 19, 2005, 01:32 AM
OT

As I sit here and look at the sigs of the last 3 posts, it occurs to me that I should note that *I* stole the sig pic from Distant.Echo at StealthBot.net:)

...!

R.a.B.B.i.T

Quote from: MyndFyre on July 19, 2005, 01:32 AM
OT

Meh..I stole it from you, not DE.