• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Packet Help?

Started by CrAzY, May 03, 2003, 10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrAzY

Can some people define a packet for me?? like if i get it off a sniffer... how could i be able to put it in to place and make it work?? for instance, I'm using WPE Pro and for sending something it just has a few dots like .....Hi.. would be High... for ascii. And
FF 0E 07 00 48 69 00. Explain to me how i could make this work in a bot?
CrAzY

Kp

Quote from: CrAzY on May 03, 2003, 10:39 AM
Can some people define a packet for me?? like if i get it off a sniffer... how could i be able to put it in to place and make it work?? for instance, I'm using WPE Pro and for sending something it just has a few dots like .....Hi.. would be High... for ascii. And
Most packet sniffing tools default to a period for characters deemed unprintable, as most below 0x20 and above 0x7e are.  BNCS packets are composed of a magic byte, a command byte, and a length short.  Any data following is packet specific.  To make the pasted data work in a bot, you'd send it to the server - and people would see you say "Hi".  Any other questions?
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

Banana fanna fo fanna

Quote from: CrAzY on May 03, 2003, 10:39 AM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

iago

Quote from: Kp on May 03, 2003, 12:27 PM
BNCS packets are composed of a magic byte, a command byte, and a length short.  

Magic byte?  I don't see anything particularely magical about FF or -1, but maybe I'm just missing the magic stuff :-/
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Kp

Quote from: iago on May 03, 2003, 03:16 PMMagic byte?  I don't see anything particularely magical about FF or -1, but maybe I'm just missing the magic stuff :-/
Magic in the sense that it is a magic number.  Magic numbers have some special meaning assigned by the code interpreting them, but nothing is inherently special about them.  In this case, it is used to indicate a bnpacket header.  See the battle message decomposer for more info on why this is useful.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

Camel

Quote from: Kp on May 03, 2003, 03:37 PM
Quote from: iago on May 03, 2003, 03:16 PMMagic byte?  I don't see anything particularely magical about FF or -1, but maybe I'm just missing the magic stuff :-/
Magic in the sense that it is a magic number.  Magic numbers have some special meaning assigned by the code interpreting them, but nothing is inherently special about them.  In this case, it is used to indicate a bnpacket header.  See the battle message decomposer for more info on why this is useful.

usually "magic" is used to describe the data in the pipe (first packet to/from server; for BNCS that is the 0x01 byte)

tA-Kane

Quote from: Camel on May 03, 2003, 08:56 PMusually "magic" is used to describe the data in the pipe
AFAIK, all BNCS packets start with 0xFF. As such. any packet that does not start with 0xFF is not a BNCS packet. So, 0xFF is a magic byte.
Macintosh programmer and enthusiast.
Battle.net Bot Programming: http://www.bash.org/?240059
I can write programs. Can you right them?

http://www.clan-mac.com
http://www.eve-online.com