• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

0x43 from Battle.net !?

Started by Snor, July 10, 2005, 06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snor

I'm not asking for help here, so don't worry :D

I have made a WarCraft III bot in python, and I just started implementing profile reading.

I sent the 0x44 to battle.net and it returned a 0x43 which I cannot find documented anywhere! I've only got this once, unfortunately I wasn't running a packet sniffer at the time but my bot outputs all the message IDs sent and received at the command line - so i have no way of ever knowing what was in it!

Has anyone else managed to get this elusive 0x43 message? I can't seem to reproduce exactly what I sent to get that back, and if I did then battle.net clearly doesn't want to send me it again! Any ideas about it?

UserLoser.

I think it's something about the matchmaking system is going offline and you cannot start any ladder games or something like that...not sure why it'd be there when requesting a profile though.

Snor

Hmm, I see. Maybe it was a coincidence that I got it immediately after sending the 0x44 then. I never did get a 0x44 reply though, but then my code may not have been working at that point. Thanks for the reply, anyway.

Kp

For the future, you might want to implement something to record unhandled messages in full.  You could just write them to a file raw and let the user read it back in later, if you don't want to bother with writing a dump function.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!