• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Shells, Free or Low Priced

Started by Tazo, July 06, 2005, 09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tazo

I am looking for a free or low priced shell that has the following:

FreeBSD or Linux, any versions
1 Background Process
And Possibly FTP. it would also help if it has libstdc++.so.3 libraries.

I have been hunting countlessly and have found nothing, except a hewlett packard shell but it had libstdc++.so.4  :-\

Any help is appreciated!!

Kp

Why do you specifically need .so.3?  I really doubt that you're relying on a feature that v4 removed, so just recompile to v4?
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

Tazo

Quote from: Kp on July 06, 2005, 10:09 PM
Why do you specifically need .so.3?  I really doubt that you're relying on a feature that v4 removed, so just recompile to v4?
I don't have source

Adron

If you can't recompile, don't you need the right OS as well? I figure you might have trouble running on a Solaris Sparc or something like that...

Tazo

Quote from: Adron on July 07, 2005, 04:00 AM
If you can't recompile, don't you need the right OS as well? I figure you might have trouble running on a Solaris Sparc or something like that...
Yes, I said Linux or FreeBSD above..

Trance

lame, I came to this thread thinking it was going to say Shell gas stations were giving away gas, or were going to stop being so expensive!

As for shell's that you're interested in, I don't really know of any good cheap ones.. friend of mine uses EV1 (or something like that) that has pretty good hosting I hear.

Kp

I really don't understand you people who think that lacking the source is an excuse for anything.  Either go get the source, or write a compatibility layer around what you do have!

btw, what is it you're planning on running?  I have access to a couple of BSD based hosts which might have the relevant libraries.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

Topaz

nslay

Quote from: Adron on July 07, 2005, 04:00 AM

Usually different versions and flavors of Unix can run each others' binaries.  Most Unixs have Linux binary emulation.

nslay

Quote from: Tazo on July 06, 2005, 09:37 PM
I am looking for a free or low priced shell that has the following:

FreeBSD or Linux, any versions
1 Background Process
And Possibly FTP. it would also help if it has libstdc++.so.3 libraries.

I have been hunting countlessly and have found nothing, except a hewlett packard shell but it had libstdc++.so.4  :-\

Any help is appreciated!!

Why not try and link libstdc++.so.3 to libstdc++.so.4?  If you send me the binary I can try it out...I got a running FreeBSD installation