• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Implementing BNCS Utility

Started by ### Teh Gnube ###, June 25, 2005, 03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

### Teh Gnube ###

Yes, I am "Teh Gnube", and I suck at Vb6! I am tweaking a source to sort of get the feel of programming, and I want to implement BNCSUtil.

Currently, it almost works (I think), but when I compile, I get the error "User-defined variable type not defined", in this code:

'-------------------------------------------------
'  SID_AUTH_INFO (0x50) Handler
'-------------------------------------------------
Private Sub HandleAuthInfo(P As Packet) '<-- Highlighted during error!

I don't know how to define "P As Packet", I think it is the Packet part that is throwing it, but again, I am not very knowledgeable on the topic. Please point me in the correct direction.

Blaze

You are defining p as Packet.  Did you declare what Packet is?

btw, a battle.net bot isn't a great way to learn a programming language, try simple things and work your way up.
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

Kp

Quote from: ### Teh Gnube ### on June 25, 2005, 03:21 PM
Yes, I am "Teh Gnube", and I suck at Vb6!

That's ok.  Many of us don't know VB6 at all, and are better coders for our lack of support for such a terrible language.

Quote from: ### Teh Gnube ### on June 25, 2005, 03:21 PMI am tweaking a source to sort of get the feel of programming

I'm assuming this is an anonymous source?  How does he/she feel about getting "tweaked" just so you can get a feeling?  Does this source have any credible documents about abuses by powerful shadowy people?
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

Networks

Quote from: Kp on June 25, 2005, 03:29 PM
Quote from: ### Teh Gnube ### on June 25, 2005, 03:21 PM
Yes, I am "Teh Gnube", and I suck at Vb6!

That's ok.  Many of us don't know VB6 at all, and are better coders for our lack of support for such a terrible language.

Quote from: ### Teh Gnube ### on June 25, 2005, 03:21 PMI am tweaking a source to sort of get the feel of programming

I'm assuming this is an anonymous source?  How does he/she feel about getting "tweaked" just so you can get a feeling?  Does this source have any credible documents about abuses by powerful shadowy people?

Looks like Cloaked's BNCSUtil example bot to me!

### Teh Gnube ###

It is, well at least the "Connect" module. And I am tweaking a Truimph Bot, which is pretty much already known to be stolen, and the many owners of the scripts in that bot are well aware they are there. Also, I'm not planning to release it... I am actually doing this because my StarCraft disk is broken, and my WarCraft III is MIA... I am just looking to possibly pick up a coding language, as I code for my own personal use...

And I didn't define what a packet was either. Any pointers on how to do so? =\ Sorry to ask so much, but I would like to learn...

Hdx

Dude....Don't use others sources and 'tweak' them -.-
Do NOT make a Binary bot your 'learning' project. -.-
If you don't know how to declair types, then you shouldn't be making a bot.

Public Type Packet
   IDontKnowShitAboutProgrammingAndShouldntBeMakingABot as string
End Type

If you jsut want something to connect and chaton BNet use StealthBot
Check This out for some tutorials on VB.
~-~(HDX)~-~

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

R.a.B.B.i.T

Or you could not use StealthBot.  And on top of that, ripping out the guts and putting in new ones is in no way "tweaking", that's full on changing.  If you really want to make a Battle.Net bot, get a C++ compiler and a tutorial on telnet plaintext protocol.

Kp

The GNU compiler collection (GCC) supports C++ if you get the g++ package.  I recommend GCC 3.3.6, so grab /releases/gcc-3.3.6/gcc-core-3.3.6.tar.bz2 and /releases/gcc-3.3.6/gcc-g++-3.3.6.tar.bz2 from any of the GCC mirror sites.  If you're stuck using a clunky OS like MS-Windows, check out MinGW, a Windows port of GCC.  Note that because Windows is such a braindamaged OS, it requires massive patches to the GCC core to produce a Windows-capable GCC, so MinGW may not be up with the latest patches.  From looking at their download page, it looks like the latest 3.3.x GCC they have available is 3.3.1.

Also, see Telnet RFC to learn about telnet.

Warrior

Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

R.a.B.B.i.T

Quote from: Kp on June 26, 2005, 11:23 AM
The GNU compiler collection (GCC) supports C++ if you get the g++ package.  I recommend GCC 3.3.6, so grab /releases/gcc-3.3.6/gcc-core-3.3.6.tar.bz2 and /releases/gcc-3.3.6/gcc-g++-3.3.6.tar.bz2 from any of the GCC mirror sites.  If you're stuck using a clunky OS like MS-Windows, check out MinGW, a Windows port of GCC.  Note that because Windows is such a braindamaged OS, it requires massive patches to the GCC core to produce a Windows-capable GCC, so MinGW may not be up with the latest patches.  From looking at their download page, it looks like the latest 3.3.x GCC they have available is 3.3.1.

Also, see Telnet RFC to learn about telnet.
MinGW works just fine for me, but if you realllllllllly don't want to bother, get Dev-C++ or something easy like it.

dxoigmn

Quote from: rabbit on June 27, 2005, 11:18 AM
MinGW works just fine for me, but if you realllllllllly don't want to bother, get Dev-C++ or something easy like it.

Dev-C++ is just an IDE that uses MinGW as the compiler.

R.a.B.B.i.T

Yeah.  It's good if you can't figure out MinGW or don't feel like installing all the packages.

Networks

I don't even see the point in addressing these topics anymore..People are just going to do whatever they want to do. The easy way out is usually the path most taken. *sigh*

### Teh Gnube ###

Errr yeah, I am just doing as I think will work, so I have my packet thing cleared up (to an extent), but now am having another issue.

All right, so here it is:
Public Sub SendAuthInfo()
    Dim P As Packet, VerByte As Long, Client As Long, GetSTARByte As String
    Set P = New Packet  'Line of error

The error is I am using the "New" keyword incorrectly. I don't understand the concept of this keyword, and can't see how I am using it incorrectly. From what I can infer, it is telling the program that this is a new packet, not linked to any other packets sent... "Set P = New Packet" works in the Sub that preceeds the one above, that being:
Public Sub HandleData(Data As String, Length As Long)
    Dim Position As Long
    Dim P As Packet
    Dim PacketID As Byte
    Dim PacketLength As Long

'Packet buffer initializing...
    Set P = New Packet
    P.SetData Data

There, "Set P = New Packet" has no problems whatsoever... Well, I don't know much about the language, but I have picked up substantially more since my last post. Sooo let's hear the critiques and responses.

Kp

new needs to be written in lowercase, and it is only meaningful to assign its result to pointers or references, not instances of objects.