• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

[Resolved] [VB 6] Writing to the wrong section...

Started by Don Cullen, June 24, 2005, 07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Cullen

I finally got the function to be able to write to the Timer offset, but there's only one problem. It's not writing the hex to the right place. In winhack, it shows the hex code I wrote in the right side pane, meaning-- the value is the hex, but the address is NOT in hex. See for yourself, I took a screen shot:

*Screenshot removed due to issue being resolved*

As you can see, it's writing to the wrong place... I want the hex code to be written to the hex address (left side pane), not as a value (right side pane)... So what am I doing wrong? This is driving me bonkers...   :-\ I'm including the function so you can examine it. Like always, thanks in advance for any and all assistance!
Regards,
Don
-------

Don't wonder why people suddenly are hostile when you treat them the way they shouldn't be- it's called 'Mutual Respect'.

Kp

Quote from: Kyro on June 24, 2005, 07:42 PMSo what am I doing wrong?

You're using VB.  I'm pretty sure I already advised you that this was a bad idea. :)
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

Don Cullen

Quote from: Kp on June 24, 2005, 08:33 PM
Quote from: Kyro on June 24, 2005, 07:42 PMSo what am I doing wrong?

You're using VB.  I'm pretty sure I already advised you that this was a bad idea. :)

Yes, I took that under advisement, and chose to continue on the path. In any case...

Problem solved. What had to be done was to seperate the hex code into 2's, and write each individual byte to memory, using this code:

WriteProcessMemory pHandle, lAddress, Chr$("&H" & Left(sData, 2)), 1, &H0

Credit goes to Dyndrilliac for assisting in this problem!
Regards,
Don
-------

Don't wonder why people suddenly are hostile when you treat them the way they shouldn't be- it's called 'Mutual Respect'.