• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Ants

Started by Yoni, June 17, 2005, 05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoni

I threw an ice cream box into the trash can a couple of days ago. There was a little ice cream left, mostly stuck to the bottom of the box.

Probably less than 24 hours later, an entire horde of ants plagued the trash can. This is really cool to watch. I am letting them stay as long as the current iteration of the trash takes. (I assume a little bit after I take out the trash, they'll be magically gone.)

Pictures:
http://yoni.valhallalegends.com/stuff/ants/Ants%20inside%20the%20trash%20can.jpg
http://yoni.valhallalegends.com/stuff/ants/Ants%20at%20the%20bottom%20of%20the%20trash%20can.jpg
http://yoni.valhallalegends.com/stuff/ants/Ants%20forming%20a%20path%20lined%20up%20against%20a%20crack%20on%20the%20wall.jpg

QwertyMonster

Wow cool.

In my garden theres a mud place with big stones, i always pull them up every 3 months or so and there are 100 of eggs and thousands of ants.

Amazing.

Mitosis

That's disgusting.

Warrior

That's AWESOME.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Blaze

As long as they stay in the trash its fine.
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

QwertyMonster

Quote from: Blaze on June 18, 2005, 10:24 AM
As long as they stay in the trash its fine.

Or under my rocks in the mud. :P

warz

They're.. ants.. ya'll have never seen ants before?

Blaze

I was thinking about that...  and why do you have a huge crack in your wall Yoni? Did netcooler dodge some bullets and get owned by a wall?

NicoQwertyu

I'm glad I noticed this topic.  It just so happens I had an encounter... WITH ZOMBIE ANTS this afternoon.  I was in the back of the house doing yardwork for father's day.  I had been instructed to use a wheel-barrel to move a pile of multch (fig 1-1) to a garden to stop weeds from growing.  Little did I know... the pile had been infected by giant mutant ants (from the abyss)!

These were no regular ants... no no... these were mega-huge-super ants (from the abyss).  I managed to escape without any real harm, but having no digital camera, I've been forced to draw you an MS Paint depiction of the beasts (fig 1-1).

* figure 1-1

Note*: The power went out, for 45 minutes, right before I had finished the original drawing.  So you aren't getting the full effect -- the drawing was even better the first time!

Blaze

Are the zombie ants shiting on the ground or are those tiles?

Netcooler

Quote from: [Unknown] on June 17, 2005, 06:47 PM
Wow cool.

In my garden theres a mud place with big stones, i always pull them up every 3 months or so and there are 100 of eggs and thousands of ants.

Amazing.

Take pics plz

hismajesty

Quote from: NicoQwertyu on June 18, 2005, 06:33 PM
Quote from: Blaze on June 18, 2005, 06:21 PM
Are the zombie ants shiting on the ground or are those tiles?

That's the multch!

I think you're supposed to lay more than that.