• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

The forum...

Started by Undeference, April 29, 2003, 01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Undeference

I am not sure if I am posting this in the right place, not like it really matters...
Just felt like making it known that I find the forum on cgrom.com significantly better. There are about the same number of members (nowhere near as many posts), and it looks better and is just better to use (plus I have a rank).

Grok

Here too, you rank.

Arta

How is cgrom.com's forum better than ours? Their background makes my eyes hurt.

Thing

This is a joke right!?!?  Haha!  I get it now.

Perl & flat files > PHP & MySQL.
Lame no-scrolling background > Web friendly colored background.
Lame disabled right click > Who gives a shit if you take the graphics.

Your a funny guy.
That sucking sound you hear is my bandwidth.

Naem

LOL: since you can just get past that "no right click" by pressing enter and right click at the same time, they put this in the source:

<!--The page cannot be found
HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Explorer-->

...scroll down a few pages and you find the actual code.
Is this a joke??
اگر بتوانید این را بهخوابید ، من را "پی ام" کنید

Yoni

cgrom uses YaBB too.
The old version of YaBB, the somewhat Perl and highly non-PHP one.
The background (and entire site, actually) takes a very long time (like 400-500 milliseconds) to render on my CPU (P3 450). It renders every time I scroll. Super annoying. vL forum doesn't seem to suffer this problem... Oh yeah, must be because it doesn't suck.

As for the site:
The font is hard to read.
There is something that looks like a navigation menu on the top. Even after moving my face very close to the monitor, I am unable to read most of the labels.
On the left, there is another navigation menu. In this, the font text and background seem to be the same color. Very... Innovative.

Grok

Hehe, Welcome to our jungle.

Thing

Quote from: Naem on April 29, 2003, 03:25 PM
LOL: since you can just get past that "no right click" by pressing enter and right click at the same time, they put this in the source:

Internet Explorer-->

Is this a joke??

Hey don't post that!!!  Now somebody will steal their background image: http://www.cgrom.com/Images/matrix.jpg
That sucking sound you hear is my bandwidth.

l)ragon

Internet Explorer-->

Is this a joke??

or View / Source
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

iago

Quote from: dRAgoN on April 29, 2003, 04:29 PM

Internet Explorer-->

Is this a joke??

or View / Source

Or hold down the left button while pressing the right.  It's all good! :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Yoni

Meh, you guys know all the HTML source stealing tricks. I hope someday I'll be an HTML thief as good as you.

Invert

Did someone miss the real reason for his post? It's advertising his/friends forum. Should we delete this post for blatant advertising?

Tazo

Quote from: Invert on April 29, 2003, 08:28 PM
Did someone miss the real reason for his post? It's advertising his/friends forum. Should we delete this post for blatant advertising?
Absolutely.

MrRaza

who cares, really...

Grok

Don't over moderate.  We're not having a problem with people advertising.  If we were, then yes, we'd need to moderate.  But our new friend gave us something to talk about for 15 seconds.