• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

More c++ augmentation...

Started by Arta, June 15, 2005, 06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arta

... but not mine this time: http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/CppInterfaces.asp

This seems silly. Provides no benefit and is confusing. Bourne shell comes to mind. I was going to blog about it and say it has no benefit anyway and is confusing to boot, but I thought I'd see what you lot think before I go out on a limb :)

MyndFyre

I think it's silly.  Interfaces allow an object in OOP languages as if they are derived from multiple base classes.  C++ already supports multiple base classes, and so there's really no need to do that.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

DarkMinion

They are trying their very hardest to turn C++ into VB

OnlyMeat

It's just a rip off of MFC type macros. For example MFC has BEGIN_INTERFACE END_INTERFACE COM IUnknown/IDispatch wrappers.

Also it's superflous because COM/CORBA already implements language independent objects/interfaces.

MyndFyre

Quote from: OnlyMeat on June 16, 2005, 03:40 AM
It's just a rip off of MFC type macros. For example MFC has BEGIN_INTERFACE END_INTERFACE COM IUnknown/IDispatch wrappers.

Also it's superflous because COM/CORBA already implements language independent objects/interfaces.

Yeah, but I don't think they're going for language-independence here.  They're just trying to introduce a feature that already exists, with syntax familiar to Java pros.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Mephisto

Quote from: DarkMinion on June 15, 2005, 07:41 PM
They are trying their very hardest to turn C++ into VB

DarkMinion's back and posting his input on things, cool.  :)