• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

This is a lame topic, but might be worth the read...?

Started by Needler, June 14, 2005, 07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Needler

I can almost guarantee you this is NOT going to be worth your time, so if you are weak of faith, then stop reading here!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

For all of those that read after the line, cudos to you, and now for the lame part:

I want to know what font-face MS-DOS prompts use, AND what font-face the title bars of them use...

Why the f^ck would I want to know that? Well I'll tell you why. My friend recently started to get into using all these trojans and what-not, and seems to think he has become the "3J33T HAX0R" on "TEH INTRAWEB"... So I am currently writing a tiny little program in Visual Basic that mimics the look of a DOS prompt, spews a bit of non-sense, IE "Extracting <malicious-sounding name>..." etc.

My goal with this project, is to do two things:

A) Take this kid down a few pegs =D (I don't like kids that claim to hack but just end up using trojans..)

B) Ultimately scare him into not using them anymore... Because he really isn't very computer literate.

Well anyways, I need the proper font-faces because he has seen DOS prompts because I have gone to his house and shown off my lame Telnet skills to connect to Battle.net, yes I know, I am a l33t hax0r, you can thank me later </sarcasm>...

Anyways, your information is much appreciated, and you will be doing the world a favor, by stopping yet another script kiddie from hitting the net!

MyndFyre

QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Needler

Well, two main reasons that I am not writing a batch file...

A) I don't know what that is.

B) I don't know what it does, nor do I know how to write one!

I'm just a newb, remember? And MyndFyre, you simply own every post I make, you seem to make the most intelligent replies, and the fastest, it's amazing really...

Arta

A batch file sounds exactly like what you want. It's a text file that contains a list of commands to be executed by the command shell. Here's a batch file I use to automate weekly defrags on my server:

@echo off

echo Defragging c:...
defrag c: -f -v

echo Defragging d:...
defrag d: -f -v

echo Defragging e:...
defrag e: -f -v

echo Defragging f:...
defrag f: -f -v

Here's another I use to restart services, so I don't have to type net stop/net start manually:

@echo off
net stop %1
net start %1

You could do something along the lines of this:

echo Extracting evil thing...
echo Extracting evil thing2...
echo Extracting evil thing3...

That would run in a flash though - you probably wouldn't even see it. You may want to look up some more advanced syntax - like if statements and for loops - so you can do more advanced things. If nothing else, you could use a for loop to waste some time and make it look like you're doing something.

MyndFyre

I once wrote a batch file that I put on my friend's computer that output "Formatting all hard drives... " and then twirled a line (via the text | / - \ |) and simulated disk access by creating and deleting a file many times.

Unfortunately, I don't remember how.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Needler

Hmm, I don't know how to write a batch file! Although, that does sound like what I need... Can you guys point me in the direction of a batch-file compiler, or tell me how to make them. It would be much appreciated...

Or even better, I could just be told the font-face DOS prompts use! Your choice, lol, but any help is appreciated.

Kp

Just build with -mconsole instead of -mwindows, and your program will automatically receive a console (which many people mistake for a "DOS prompt").  You can then print out whatever messages you want.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

R.a.B.B.i.T

Quote from: Needler on June 14, 2005, 08:42 PM
Hmm, I don't know how to write a batch file! Although, that does sound like what I need... Can you guys point me in the direction of a batch-file compiler, or tell me how to make them. It would be much appreciated...

Or even better, I could just be told the font-face DOS prompts use! Your choice, lol, but any help is appreciated.
Batch doesn't compile..it just kinda.....works.
Batch files are scripts, not programs, so all you need is notepad.  clicky

Tazo