• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

New theme

Started by Blaze, June 12, 2005, 07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grok

Each user can go in their profile and edit their selection of theme.

It might also be possible for you to create a custom stylesheet on your browser, just for this forum, and set the colors any way you like.

Thing hosts and administers these forums because he wants to do it.  He's not paid for it, so if you have a flame, take it elsewhere.  It's possible your reputation is good enough, or your suggestions interesting enough, to be listened to.  Otherwise, enjoy the content, sit down, and be quiet.

TYVM.
Grok

iago

I love this theme.  It's about time we have a real (SMF) theme, and not a classic theme.  I like how the SMF themes give more information at the top and does other nice things like making large images scrollable.

<edit> I'd appreciate it if somebody could make the "read"/"non-read" icons more distinct.  I have trouble seeing which is which on my laptop's screen.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

NicoQwertyu

I do like how it shows my avatar, along with some useful information in a large bar at the top.  But I def. don't like the rainbow colored buttons on the index page.  Perhaps some nice clean Red/Grey buttons?   :)

UserLoser.

Quote from: NicoQwertyu on June 13, 2005, 06:31 PM
I do like how it shows my avatar, along with some useful information in a large bar at the top.  But I def. don't like the rainbow colored buttons on the index page.  Perhaps some nice clean Red/Grey buttons?   :)

It did do that for me, then it went away.  Oh where did it go? :-/

Nevermind, I guess it was hiding from me, I guess I clicked that little arrow.

It looks so nice :)

Soul Taker

Agreed with iago about making the new post icons more distinct.  Also, if you could make the link color more dinstinct than regular text color, it would be nice.  I find myself unwittingly hovering over every piece of text that looks somewhat greenish to check if it's a link or not.

Cool theme though, I love the info at the top.

MyndFyre

Quote from: iago on June 13, 2005, 06:16 PM
<edit> I'd appreciate it if somebody could make the "read"/"non-read" icons more distinct.  I have trouble seeing which is which on my laptop's screen.

Yeah, that was an issue for me, too.

I was going to ask if it would be possible to get a couple other options:

curveSMF is a good one.

I also like (and possibly prefer) the Daze blue skin:)
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Soul Taker

I would rather use the old theme than either of those, MyndFyre.  But of course this is all a personal taste thing.

Thing [vL]

Thanks for the suggestions.  The "On" "Off"  buttons do need to be a bit more distinct and the link colors can easily be changed.  If anybody feels like making new buttons, go for it.  I will probably install other themes as time permits and you will obviously have the option of choosing from them.

Soul Taker

I am glad that you changed the link colors like I had requested, however now it is impossible to tell what is and what isn't a link :(

Soul Taker

l)ragon

*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

shout

All my base are belong to old theme.

All but one. One of my bases belongs to the new one, seeing as how my forums are on it. I will set it up the bomb.

CrAz3D

ooooh, new theme!

I agree with iago on the read/not read buttons though.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

QwertyMonster

Archonist

It'd be nice if someone upload the default YaBBSE theme. (With the actual default colors, both the "YaBBSE Theme" option and "YaBBSE Classic Theme" option are the default black and blue scheme. The blue classic theme is the nicest yet. Thanks.

|