• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Time to Update BNet Docs

Started by PaiD, May 29, 2005, 12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaiD

So um yea....
Is it time to update bnetdocs to the normal user??
Not sure when it was last updated but it has been awhile.
I am sure other would like it updated also  ;D

UserLoser.

Last update occurred on May 12th, everything is ok.

PaiD

What was last added? and how would I get the date??

Edit: I went by the comment on the home page

Starcraft 1.12 released
Posted by UserLoser (Editor) on 16/02/05 10:16
BnetDocs has been updated for the latest changes for Starcraft and Starcraft: Brood War.

iago

Somebody ought to update the nls change-password packets.  I documented them:
http://www.javaop.com/~iago/SRP.html
and I also reversed the stuff (equations/numbers) for the server signature.  But Arta's been too busy to add them, and I'm no good at adding stuff :(
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

PaiD

iago: just something small to point out in that doc @ http://www.javaop.com/~iago/SRP.html.
"There are 5 important packets I'll go over" that needs to be changed to 9 now :p

iago

Quote from: DueL on May 29, 2005, 02:35 AM
iago: just something small to point out in that doc @ http://www.javaop.com/~iago/SRP.html.
"There are 5 important packets I'll go over" that needs to be changed to 9 now :p

Pfft.

Good point, I should be more careful when I add stuff.  *changes 9 to 'a bunch'*

Eric

Quote from: DueL on May 29, 2005, 12:53 AM
So um yea....
Is it time to update bnetdocs to the normal user??
Not sure when it was last updated but it has been awhile.
I am sure other would like it updated also  ;D

... BnetDocs contains information on virtually every packet.  The only reason it would need to be updated would be if Battle.net was updated.

Arta

I am a bit busy at the moment - sorry. Exams and stuff. If one of the editors would be so kind as to add those messages, I would be grateful :)

One of my planned upgrades at some point is to add some kind of indication for messages that have been recently updated, and too add 'last modified' dates to message pages. I'm also going to put the menu in a frame (or at least make that an option) because it takes so long to load.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Arta[vL] on May 30, 2005, 12:18 PM
I am a bit busy at the moment - sorry. Exams and stuff. If one of the editors would be so kind as to add those messages, I would be grateful :)

One of my planned upgrades at some point is to add some kind of indication for messages that have been recently updated, and too add 'last modified' dates to message pages. I'm also going to put the menu in a frame (or at least make that an option) because it takes so long to load.

I'll do it, but I'm still unclear about what messages should be added.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

iago

Quote from: MyndFyre on May 30, 2005, 04:25 PM
Quote from: Arta[vL] on May 30, 2005, 12:18 PM

I'll do it, but I'm still unclear about what messages should be added.

A couple from my SRP.html file (linked above) -- namely, the password change, and possibly the account create. 

raylu

For starters, how about
QuoteBotnet Headers
Botnet is a system whereby bots can share information about users and send commands to eachother. It is also used by various bot authors as a means of leak protection & statistics collection, and to administer BNLS & Webchannel, in addition to being a useful chat medium when more privacy is needed than Battle.net allows. The headers are as follows:

(BYTE)      Protocol Version (Currently 0x01)
(BYTE)      Message ID
(WORD)      Message Length, including this header
(VOID)      Message Data

and something about the SC UDP headers?
Pie?

Ringo

Quote from: raylu on June 01, 2005, 12:51 AM
and something about the SC UDP headers?

Bnet docs only documents the logon and chat side of battle.net and not the battle side.
You will have to work your way through a few packet logs untill you figger it out (witch shouldnt take to long)
Failing that, go back and download some older clients (such as d1 shareware) and follow how blizzard changed the protocol for gameroom games (such as sc, w2 etc) as there UDP protocol developed along side there clients.

All the older clients UDP protocols work on the same principles and there is one thing you need to know to write a client for the protocol.
The 1st DWORD "00 00 00 00" is not part of the packet its self and the word after that is a check sum of the packets data (Search this forum for more info on UDP CS) and the infomation after that can be easy obtained/figgerd out from packet logging the protocol a number of times.

It would be best to figger this out your self, otherwise you would just find your self stuck on figgering out what the packet data means. (If u cant figger the header out, you are screwed)

Good luck in writing the client (If you proceed)

Arta

Quote from: Ringo on June 01, 2005, 02:17 PM
Bnet docs only documents the logon and chat side of battle.net and not the battle side.

Can you be more specific? What did bnetdocs lack that you feel is necessary?

UserLoser.

Quote from: Ringo on June 01, 2005, 02:17 PM

Too bad BnetDocs is for Battle.net while Starcraft games are not over Battle.net and never were.

tA-Kane

Didn't BnetDocs used to contain a listing of D2GS packets? In any case, BnetDocs does contain some StarCraft UDP packets.
Macintosh programmer and enthusiast.
Battle.net Bot Programming: http://www.bash.org/?240059
I can write programs. Can you right them?

http://www.clan-mac.com
http://www.eve-online.com