• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

XBox 360 or PS3?!

Started by NocBrute, May 17, 2005, 10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NocBrute

Well theres no doubt im buying PSP, BuT!
should i get 360 or ps3? i know that ps3 has way better specs and all but !
xbox comes out earlier, and less cost.

Akamas

I like my XBOX much more than I like any playstation console, so I would go with my gut feeling and suggest you get a XBOX 360.
Quote from: Arta[vL] on August 14, 2006, 04:57 PM
Well, I want some too. Greedy Yoni should stop hogging it.

Vicious

How does PS3 have way better specs? I'm just wondering, they looked similiar to me.

I'm interested to see what the Nintendo Revolution will bring to the table. We haven't heard as much from Nintendo yet.

disco

I'll probably get Xbox 360 (i might even reserve it :)).
Say it with me:

Blaze

I will most likely wait to see what good games come out for both and then buy the one with the better games.  I like xbox better btw.
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

Ban

The PS3's specs are INCREDIBLY superior to that of the XBOX 360. But yeah, good point about the Revelution. I hope it will be as Revoltuionizing as it sounds

PS3 will have a new FF, while XBOX 360 is only getting FF XI, which has already been released for _both_ the PS and PC, not biggy on that one. PS3 will also have Devil May Cry 4, and Metal Gear Solid 4. *drool*

Topaz

PS3 won't be out for a while yet, considering the PSP came out. They wouldn't want to kill their own sales by releasing two products at the same time  :P

Vicious, didn't I give you that account a while back?

hismajesty

Nintendo/Sony are going to lose a lot of sales releasing their products next year, while Microsoft will do well I think during the Christmas season. I want the PS3, so hmmm...

Topaz: They released PSP and PS2 Slim around the same time, by the way.

Mitosis

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on May 17, 2005, 07:58 PM

Topaz: They released PSP and PS2 Slim around the same time, by the way.

Not really, PSP was out months after the PS2 SFF. I'm gunna buy a PS3 when it comes.

MyndFyre

MS officially announced the 360 will be backwards-compatible with *select* games.  Reuters article (from Slashdot):
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?storyID=8509448&type=technologyNews
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Newby

QuoteAlthough the Xbox 360 will be backward-compatible, Bach said that it won't necessarily run all of the older Xbox titles but instead, run the "top-selling" games.

In other words..

"Pay us money and we'll let your product run on XBox 360!"
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Warrior

XBOX 360 > PS3

Dude, PS3 controllers look like boomerangs. They always had nice controllers, what happened?
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Lenny

Quote from: Warrior on May 17, 2005, 09:58 PM
XBOX 360 > PS3

Dude, PS3 controllers look like boomerangs. They always had nice controllers, what happened?

Might'ev been related to this: http://gear.ign.com/articles/599/599431p1.html
The Bovine Revolution
Something unimportant

Live Battle.net:

WARNING: The preceding message may have contained content unsuitable for young children.

Newby

QuoteIn July, 2003, Microsoft settled with Immersion for $26 million, getting a stake in the company at the same time. Sony has decided to instead fight the lawsuit and back in September of 2004 the courts decided in favor of Immersion and ordered Sony to pay $82 million for the infringement. The new figure of $90.7 million includes $8.7 million of interest.

Wow, the Microsoft way out saves you money!
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

R.a.B.B.i.T

PS3 will have connectivity with PSP (which can also act as a controller :P), and from the technical demos I've seen, I want to get a PS3 over a 360.