• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Repost. List your Ideas HERE!

Started by Hashed, April 24, 2003, 10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hashed

Come on Mods. Please leave this alone.
What Bot Ideas do you all have. Please list them in this thread. If you don't want an idea taken, Don't post it!

It's not like i'm stealing code in this thread. I have Voice Regegnition on the list and there was another one I forgot (Since post was deleted)

Camel

the point of this board is to develop ideas/code, not brainstorm

Hashed

Camel

no, you're asking for people to give you ideas. that's different than presenting an idea and asking for criticism or help improving that idea.

Hashed

Kp

Quote from: Hashed on April 24, 2003, 04:12 PM
Come on. Give me a <Break>
Very well.  What part would you like broken?
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

Camel

start with his left testicle. that seems to be the most popular place to start.

Banana fanna fo fanna

pianka

How about remaking the interbot protocal, any bot developers interested in recreating the old IBP? I think UB still uses it...I always thought it was pretty kickass...I'm gonna go now cause I just found some weed, PeAcE

Skywing

Quote from: PiaNKA on April 25, 2003, 09:55 AM
How about remaking the interbot protocal, any bot developers interested in recreating the old IBP? I think UB still uses it...I always thought it was pretty kickass...I'm gonna go now cause I just found some weed, PeAcE
That's the primary function of the BotNet.  In particular, IB was unreliable/unsuccessful because it's got severe data transmit restrictions and communication between bots tends to break down easily (it's a bad idea to do such things via Battle.net).

Camel

botnet is obviously a great idea, and probably great in reality, but the documentation is minimal and poor, making it hard to impliment -_-

dxoigmn

How is the documentation "minimal and poor"?  Skywing has a full text about the protocol which, might I add, basically follows the same schema of Battle.net.  Perhaps someone should make a CSB variant for the botnet?

tA-Kane

Quote from: kamakazie on April 26, 2003, 12:26 AMHow is the documentation "minimal and poor"?  Skywing has a full text about the protocol which, might I add, basically follows the same schema of Battle.net.
That, and Kp's "updated" protocol for the BotNet server that he's working on. Both of them are fugly... But as Kp told me, you're free to make and distribute your own protocol spec if you don't like those. *hint hint*
Quote from: kamakazie on April 26, 2003, 12:26 AMPerhaps someone should make a CSB variant for the botnet?
FUCK NO! CupHead already gave babies rifles to play with, you do that and they'll have oozies too!
Macintosh programmer and enthusiast.
Battle.net Bot Programming: http://www.bash.org/?240059
I can write programs. Can you right them?

http://www.clan-mac.com
http://www.eve-online.com

Noodlez

no, he gave them oozies... i'd think a full fledged bot is more valuable then botnet