• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Visual C++ 6

Started by ctype, April 22, 2005, 09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctype

Hey all,

Anyone seen any cheap(ish) microsoft visual c++ 6 pro/ent? Every time i see one on eBay it goes WAY above my budget. I can understand y its so sought after - .NET is shite. i spent 20 quid on a copy of .net 2003 EA (copied) and aint used it more than like 3 times.

Any links greatly appreciated.

Yegg

Why would you want to buy something? We are in the year 2005, download it. I have a copy of Microsoft Visual C++ Standard. I don't think Professional or Enterprise is all that worthwhile. Standard is good enough as it is. I have Visual Studio .NET Standard and it has plenty of features (if Pro and Enterprise are that much better, please tell me why). I think if you use a file sharing software you can maybe find a copy of Professional of Enterprise.

Warrior

I use VS .NET Architect.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

shout

Newby

Quote from: Warrior on April 22, 2005, 12:24 PM
I use VS .NET Architect.

I use VS .NET 2003 Enterprise Architecht legally.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Warrior

Yes, me too. It has a valid serial!
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

MyndFyre

Quote from: ctype on April 22, 2005, 09:43 AM
I can understand y its so sought after - .NET is shite.
And here is another example of someone who doesn't know what he's talking about.

The VS.NET IDE is far superior to that of the VS6 IDE.  Even if you don't want to use .NET -- it's not forced, you know, as you can still make Win32 applications -- you're still given a much more integrated interface.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

shout

Quote from: MyndFyre on April 23, 2005, 03:28 AM
And here is another example of someone who doesn't know what he's talking about.

The VS.NET IDE is far superior to that of the VS6 IDE.  Even if you don't want to use .NET -- it's not forced, you know, as you can still make Win32 applications -- you're still given a much more integrated interface.

Is there a diffrence between the compilers in 6 and .NET?

Yegg

Quote from: Shout on April 24, 2005, 09:23 AM

I don't believe that there is.

K

Quote from: Shout on April 24, 2005, 09:23 AM

The VS.NET IDE is far superior to that of the VS6 IDE. Even if you don't want to use .NET -- it's not forced, you know, as you can still make Win32 applications -- you're still given a much more integrated interface.

Yes.  The .NET 2003 C++ compiler is far more standards compliant than 6 (I've heard figures of something like 70% vs. 96%); although you probably wont be coding any partial templates or some other things that 6 might fail at,  you would notice when trying to compile something large and complex, like the boost library.

ColT

Would .NET be the same coding language as Visual C++ 6.0 or would it be a new language over that I would have to learn?

Yegg

.NET and VC++ are very different languages.

Banana fanna fo fanna

.NET is not a language, but if I think I know what you're talking about, then no; you can use regular C++.

Want free, legal Visual C++? See http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/visualc/default.aspx

ColT

I'm talking about Visual C++.NET not overall .NET compared to Regular Visual C++