• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

New Pope

Started by iago, April 20, 2005, 11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Yegg

Quote from: iago on April 27, 2005, 03:21 PM
As I said, people don't choose to be gay.  I can help to prove that, but my friend isn't online. 

People don't choose to be gay implies that being Gay is natural. 

Maybe it's some kind of genetic mutation, or a sickness, or a mental disorder; but any of those are still natural. 

You look at a hot girl, and you get horny.  You can't control that.  They look at a hot guy and get horny.  It seems pretty obvious to me that they can't control that any more than you can control looking at girls.  Should you hate somebody for something they can't control?
Agreed.
On a sidenote, you and Hazard should get together.  You'd make a pretty couple.
Hehe...
Homosexuality is a natural way to form relationships and enjoy the benefits of them when the population is either big enough or has an imbalanced male-female ratio. Relationships between people can be beneficial even without children being born. If creating children was the primary purpose of all human beings, why would the church want its servants to live in chastity? There are other religions, different from christianity, where fertility and producing children is a priority above anything else. I would understand those not wanting homosexual relationships more than the christian church.
I see your point. But this against religious teachings of the Catholic church, this is why I continue to believe that it is wrong.

Adron

Interestingly enough, Christianity has actually sponsored groups living in homo relationships for a long time. I'm talking of nuns and monks. There are relationships where a man and a woman live together without having sex. That is a hetero relationship. And then there are Church-invented places where a large number of males live together or where a large number of females live together. They may not have sex, but they do live together. Does Christianity approve of men moving together, to spend their lives together?

Yegg

Quote from: Adron on April 27, 2005, 03:49 PM
Does Christianity approve of men moving together, to spend their lives together?
I'm not sure of the correct answer. They would probably disagree. But I would allow it if the country allows it. Not that I approve of homosexuality. But if that's how they're going to live, then you can't change that.

nslay

Quote from: Adron on April 27, 2005, 02:53 PM
Actually the protestant church here is in the process of granting homosexuals "marriage". Since homosexuality is a natural thing, that has existed before any christian, as well as exists among animals, the church needs to accept it.

In either case, let God himself be the judge. As was said about the bible and interpretation, it can be read to say many different things. Unless you consider the context in which various parts were written, you can't hope to interpret them correctly. It's not God's literal writing that you're reading, just what people have written down long ago, colored by their prejudices and personal ideas.

It might be normal for abnormalities to occurr, but that doesn't make homosexuality normal.  I have nothing against homosexuals, they are just people like you and I, but I can't classify their sexuality as legitimate.

The Catholic Church as well as scholars interpret the bible by using historical evidence.  That is, they they use history to understand why an author might have written a particular passage or text.  Indeed it isn't infallible, that's why there is a Church ...

nslay

Quote from: Adron on April 27, 2005, 03:49 PM
Interestingly enough, Christianity has actually sponsored groups living in homo relationships for a long time. I'm talking of nuns and monks. There are relationships where a man and a woman live together without having sex. That is a hetero relationship. And then there are Church-invented places where a large number of males live together or where a large number of females live together. They may not have sex, but they do live together. Does Christianity approve of men moving together, to spend their lives together?

That doesn't necessarily have anything to do with their sexuality.  What about the men in the military during WWII who had girlfriends/wives waiting back home?

iago

Quote from: Yegg on April 27, 2005, 03:33 PM
As I said, people don't choose to be gay.  I can help to prove that, but my friend isn't online. 

People don't choose to be gay implies that being Gay is natural. 

Maybe it's some kind of genetic mutation, or a sickness, or a mental disorder; but any of those are still natural. 

You look at a hot girl, and you get horny.  You can't control that.  They look at a hot guy and get horny.  It seems pretty obvious to me that they can't control that any more than you can control looking at girls.  Should you hate somebody for something they can't control?
Agreed.
On a sidenote, you and Hazard should get together.  You'd make a pretty couple.
Hehe...
Homosexuality is a natural way to form relationships and enjoy the benefits of them when the population is either big enough or has an imbalanced male-female ratio. Relationships between people can be beneficial even without children being born. If creating children was the primary purpose of all human beings, why would the church want its servants to live in chastity? There are other religions, different from christianity, where fertility and producing children is a priority above anything else. I would understand those not wanting homosexual relationships more than the christian church.
I see your point. But this against religious teachings of the Catholic church, this is why I continue to believe that it is wrong.

That's not a reason to believe something.  Go back to the "If your friends jumped off a bridge, would you?"  If the Church declared that you had to start sacrificing puppies, would you do that just because the Church told you to?
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Hazard

Thats not an issue, because the Church would never promote such a thing.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

iago

No, it just promotes killing people who work on Sundays, and not allowing people to express their natural feelings for each other. 

Hitmen

Quote from: iago on April 27, 2005, 05:19 PM
If the Church declared that you had to start sacrificing puppies, would you do that just because the Church told you to?
Yes.

Yegg

No. That is immoral. Therefore, the church would not force that upon us or even suggest it.

Hazard

Quote from: iago on April 27, 2005, 06:14 PM
No, it just promotes killing people who work on Sundays, and not allowing people to express their natural feelings for each other. 

First of all, the Church does not kill people who work on Sundays. Thats a damn ignorant thing to say.

Second, the Church says that one man fucking another man in the ass is not natural.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Yegg

I think he was being sarcastic about the killing people who work on Sundays. As was he about saying how Catholics killed witches. But the Church doesn't mind if you work on Sunday.

iago

Quote from: Yegg on April 27, 2005, 06:54 PM
I think he was being sarcastic about the killing people who work on Sundays. As was he about saying how Catholics killed witches. But the Church doesn't mind if you work on Sunday.

The Bible says to.  I posted the excerpt from it. 

nslay

Quote from: iago on April 27, 2005, 09:35 PM
Quote from: Yegg on April 27, 2005, 06:54 PM

The Bible says to.  I posted the excerpt from it. 

Because Jesus was the last and ultimate sacrifice, all sins have been forgiven (perhaps better "paid for" since to be forgiven you must be sincere).  Even if that's what God intended, it wouldn't apply in Christianity because of Jesus.

Banana fanna fo fanna

Wasn't the human race designed to reproduce? Gay relationships don't reproduce. Thus, I don't think it's natural, either

|