• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

New Pope

Started by iago, April 20, 2005, 11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Adron

Quote from: Mitosis on April 20, 2005, 08:24 PM
You can still prey in your own home.

I suppose. Just don't invite any priests over or you may become prey again.

Hazard

Quote from: Adron on April 20, 2005, 02:33 PM
Quote from: Hazard on April 20, 2005, 01:23 PM
2) sex for purposes other than procreation isn't morally right?

That's a strong stance. Do catholics actually stick to that? If you have sex only for the purpose of procreation, that would mean only once per month, at the right date calculated from the female's periods. And no sex while pregnant.

Adron, I must enlighten you because you are so obviuosly ignorant on this topic, I think we can agree on that.

The Catholic Church is against hindering the will of God. Family planning is acceptable in the Chruch's view because it in no way artifically hampers the process. True Catholics are faith bound to stick to it.

As I said, I'm not a Catholic. Its not my view, its theirs.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Hazard

Quote from: iago on April 20, 2005, 03:58 PM

Hazard -- you're absolutely right, women are different creatures who aren't as smart as us men.  They shouldn't be allowed to drive cards or vote. 

No, they shouldn't drive cards.

Did I say it was my view? Its their position. I'm so sick of this stupid shit, it shows up everywhere here and in society. We should go out of our way so everybody can do anything that they want. The church chooses that men should be in the position, its tradition. Its a tradition, its that simple.

Hazard

Quote from: Invert on April 20, 2005, 05:28 PM
He was a damn Nazi, no way to excuse that from his past.

No...

He was a Hitler Youth as a child, but so was every single youth male living in Germany, it wasn't optional.
If you knew anything about him you'd have to kill yourself for such a stupid statment. His father was a policeman in Germany and quit when the Nazis rose to power. His father, his entire family, and in fact himself, were and still are fircely anti-Nazi. Do your homework.

iago

Quote from: Hazard on April 20, 2005, 08:44 PM

Hazard -- you're absolutely right, women are different creatures who aren't as smart as us men.  They shouldn't be allowed to drive cards or vote. 

Did I say it was my view? Its their position. I'm so sick of this stupid shit, it shows up everywhere here and in society. We should go out of our way so everybody can do anything that they want. The church chooses that men should be in the position, its tradition. Its a tradition, its that simple.

Driving cards might be painful :/

My point was (I think.. it's been awhile now) that the church should re-evaluate some of its traditions and be a bit more modern.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

shout

Personally, I think the catholic church is nothing but one big stinking pile of pure, spoon-fed bullshit.

Adron

Quote from: Hazard on April 20, 2005, 08:42 PM
The Catholic Church is against hindering the will of God. Family planning is acceptable in the Chruch's view because it in no way artifically hampers the process. True Catholics are faith bound to stick to it.

Comment #1: There is no real difference between using a condom when having sex and not having sex at all.

Comment #2: Is the Catholic God so weak that a couple micron of rubber are enough to ruin his plans? Do you honestly think a condom is going to make a difference to God? If God wants you to have a child, he'll make the condom break.

Comment #3: Again, catholic couples must have sex very rigorously well-planned, if all sex is to result in conception.

Falcon[anti-yL]

This guy wouldn't last more than 5 years, alot of catholics disagree with the decision because they believe he is too desicive and doesn't take the time to think everything out. Is it really true they picked someone old so the pope wouldn't reign as long as Pope John Paul 2nd?

Invert

Quote from: Hazard on April 20, 2005, 08:45 PM
No...

He was a Hitler Youth as a child, but so was every single youth male living in Germany, it wasn't optional.
If you knew anything about him you'd have to kill yourself for such a stupid statment. His father was a policeman in Germany and quit when the Nazis rose to power. His father, his entire family, and in fact himself, were and still are fircely anti-Nazi. Do your homework.

Wrong, everyone has a choice. There is no such thing as no choice or no option.
He was not a small little boy that did not understand anything when he was part of the Hitler Youth, he understood it all well and he made a choice to be a Hitler Youth.

He is a damn Nazi!  Die Nazi, die!

Yegg

You hate Catholic priests because a few of them mollested boys? Pathetic...

Ban

Stereotypes and prejudice are still quite alive in today's day and age, Yegg.

Kind of sad :(

Yegg

Hazard

Quote from: Invert on April 20, 2005, 10:34 PM
Quote from: Hazard on April 20, 2005, 08:45 PM
No...

Wrong, everyone has a choice. There is no such thing as no choice or no option.
He was not a small little boy that did not understand anything when he was part of the Hitler Youth, he understood it all well and he made a choice to be a Hitler Youth.

He is a damn Nazi!  Die Nazi, die!

You're wrong.

He was put into the Hitler youth just as every German youth was. He was assigned to reserve duty as an artillery crew member. When he got to his post, he deserted and became a priest.

Edit: Don't be rude please.

Hazard

Quote from: iago on April 20, 2005, 08:57 PM
Quote from: Hazard on April 20, 2005, 08:44 PM

Driving cards might be painful :/

My point was (I think.. it's been awhile now) that the church should re-evaluate some of its traditions and be a bit more modern.

So you're saying that, since premarital sex is popular in our society, the church should accept it?

Hazard

Quote from: Adron on April 20, 2005, 09:24 PM
Quote from: Hazard on April 20, 2005, 08:42 PM

Comment #1: There is no real difference between using a condom when having sex and not having sex at all.

Comment #2: Is the Catholic God so weak that a couple micron of rubber are enough to ruin his plans? Do you honestly think a condom is going to make a difference to God? If God wants you to have a child, he'll make the condom break.

Comment #3: Again, catholic couples must have sex very rigorously well-planned, if all sex is to result in conception.

The point is that to show God that you are trying to misuse what he has given you is wrong. Your argument was bullshit, and if you weren't a logical android you'd know that.

|