• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

New Pope

Started by iago, April 20, 2005, 11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

iago

Pope Benedict XVI..

He's "against same-sex marriages, women in the church, and contraception".  He apparently also plans to declare that the world is flat and that we should once again burn witches.

The main problem with Catholicism right now is that it's old fashioned and doesn't really fit in with the modern world where genders are equals and condoms are plenty.  It seems like this new Pope isn't going to help that image any. :/
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Banana fanna fo fanna

Quote from: iago on April 20, 2005, 11:49 AM
He's "against same-sex marriages, women in the church, and contraception".

Wait...the new pope is CATHOLIC!? REALLY!?

QwertyMonster

Pope Benedict XVI..

He's "against same-sex marriages, women in the church, and contraception".  He apparently also plans to declare that the world is flat and that we should once again burn witches.

That is lame..

iago

Quote from: Banana fanna fo fanna on April 20, 2005, 11:51 AM
He's "against same-sex marriages, women in the church, and contraception".

Wait...the new pope is CATHOLIC!? REALLY!?

Yes, and the Catholics need to get with the times.  Seriously.  They stopped burning witches and declaring the earth was flat hundreds of years ago.

Hazard

Pope Benedict XVI..

The main problem with Catholicism right now is that it's old fashioned and doesn't really fit in with the modern world where genders are equals and condoms are plenty.  It seems like this new Pope isn't going to help that image any. :/

I'm not a Catholic, but I'm in a Catholic school, so I'll respond:

I'm against same-sex marriages, that doesn't mean I think the world is flat. People like you just say these things because they have an underlying problem with religion.

Christianity doesn't seem to fit in with the modern world in your eyes does it? At August National, the golf course in Alabama, women are not allowed to apply for membership. Do you argue that they are living in the 13th century as well? What, exactly, is wrong with the Catholic stance against 1) sex before marriage is a sin and that 2) sex for purposes other than procreation isn't morally right?

I'm sick of everyone coming out and slamming the new Pope when they are people like you. First, people who don't know anything about him whatsoever. Second, people who don't like religions/Catholicism in the first place.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Hitmen

The old pope died at age 84.

The new pope recently turned 78.

I think they're going to have to pick again soon.

Yegg

Good job Hazard. I don't see how people can make accusations without evidence. Was is true Catholics who burned witches or false Catholics? A true Catholic wouldn't kill anyone, even back in those centures when witches were put to death. (Didn't Puritans kill them?) Also, I havn't heard of a case since I've been born that involved a Catholic killing a witch in our day in age. The Catholic church isn't supposed to become modernized. I suggest next time you try talking against something that you don't know anything about, look up the correct information.

Adron

Quote from: Hazard on April 20, 2005, 01:23 PM
2) sex for purposes other than procreation isn't morally right?

That's a strong stance. Do catholics actually stick to that? If you have sex only for the purpose of procreation, that would mean only once per month, at the right date calculated from the female's periods. And no sex while pregnant.

Blaze

Quote from: Hitmen on April 20, 2005, 01:51 PM

Thats what I was wondering about... I also hear that this pope was in the Hitler Youth...
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

iago

Quote from: Hitmen on April 20, 2005, 01:51 PM

I was thinking that!  No wonder they've had 285 popes, if they keep picking ones who are this old :)

Hazard -- you're absolutely right, women are different creatures who aren't as smart as us men.  They shouldn't be allowed to drive cards or vote. 

Vicious

EIN VOLK, EIN REICH, EIN POPE

He was in the Hitler youth when he was younger.

I'm sure he'll be fine though.

I wonder how long he'll live. I'm currently taking bets.

Mitosis

Quote from: Vicious on April 20, 2005, 04:09 PM

All boys were forced into that Youth group, but later on he was in a Nazi organization. People are still talking about his past though.

Yegg

Quote from: Mitosis on April 20, 2005, 04:33 PM
Quote from: Vicious on April 20, 2005, 04:09 PM

All boys were forced into that Youth group, but later on he was in a Nazi organization. People are still talking about his past though.
Exactly. People shouldn't be judged by what they did or by what happened to them in the past.

Joe[x86]

His father, obeying Hitler's laws, joined him in the Hitler Youth. He quit all Nazi-related things as soon as Hitler was overthrown/captured/sentenced/whatever. Also, his father resented the Hiter Youth, although never protested because he felt his life was more valuable than his opinion.

I heard he was going to be named Pope John Paul the 24th, but it apears I'm wrong.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Invert

He was a damn Nazi, no way to excuse that from his past.
The Catholic Church is way behind times. I agree with everything iago said.
Catholic priests molest little boys. If I was a Catholic I would be embarrassed to belong to such a group.

|