• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Moderate Flame Wars!

Started by n00blar, January 01, 2003, 12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warz

Whos side are you on? You're arguing both sides.

MrRaza

lol, i agree with the doc topic.. But i also like reading programming books aswell and doing their examples. :)

haZe

accusing other people of flaming could be considered flaming..in the way u guys do it anyways =/
userloser, nice 69 posts =D

UserLoser

.....ok....???

Eibro

As someone else said, you're never going to "force" newbies to go look and learn on their own no matter how mean you act.

That's how it works, newbies ask questions. Sometimes stupid, simple questions but that's excusable the first few times. If you have a link that can explain it 100x better; then post it without being a jerk.

As for a few of the "sources" on that website; I personally wouldn't want anyone trying to learn off those... they only thing they'd be learning is bad programming habits.
Eibro of Yeti Lovers.

MrRaza

aww man...  :D

UserLoser

i agree with what eibro is saying about going off those sources, like i said earlier :-/

Etheran

oh gawd, raise your hand if you've never programmed something that was considered "bad programming practice".  I don't think any of us are innocent. :P

warz

Programming practice is exactly what it is... "practice", meaning it comes in time. Obviously copying somebodies code, is copying their problems. Work with it long enough [practice] and then, by goly, you're learning.

Eibro

Quoteoh gawd, raise your hand if you've never programmed something that was considered "bad programming practice".  I don't think any of us are innocent. :P
That's not the point. The point is, newbies are being sent to try and learn from that stuff.
Eibro of Yeti Lovers.

warz

I think you're expecting them to learn soley from that, as you said, "stuff." Well, as you and most other common users of the internet probably do, searching for multiple resources and conjuring every source of information that you possibly can online, as well as books etc, is almost implied. If somebody wants to learn 100% from somebody elses work, hey it's possible.. I did it, for the most part. There's no shame in any method.

iago

QuoteCheap bastard.

Yes, that's encouraging
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

warz

Is it not true, though?  ;)

UserLoser

It's cheap, but where do you get that hes a bastard from?

haZe

Warz is
A flamer.
A spammer.
A person who jumps in on every single topic just because he feels like being noticed.
He got about 50 posts in a week or two.
Thats not right.
 >:(

|