• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Warcraft III Name Jogger.. Help

Started by Hero, April 12, 2005, 10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero

I am attempting to create a war3 name jogger, I have the hashed connection complete, I just need to know if its even possible and if it is, how would I deal with the timers and other stuff that is needed for a name jogger. I need some help. -_- VB6

Blaze

Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

Topaz

Logs onto accounts so that they won't expire from inactivity.

Spht

Yes it's possible.  I wrote something like that a couple years ago for Warcraft III and legacy accounts.

I think the server is more strict about how often it'll let you log on / create an account now though.

Yegg

He could also add proxy support to his application. Someone created a program called Name jogger, I've never used it buy I'm guessing it has proxy support.

spear

If your not going to add proxy support, you should add more than one connection at once, so you can get through the list faster with less delay. Ie. have four connections on one exe going through one list, if you do it right you can make your delays much shorter.

Hero

I am having trouble with the timers, I have never used them in this way before. But I will continue to work on this.

Spht

You only said you don't know "how to deal with timers," and you're "having trouble with timers."

I for one have no idea what you're talking about.  Be more specific about your problem and someone will try to help.

Archangel

I dont think he knows how to use timers to make them take the name, then log it and after X time unload it and change name.
I'm not an Addict.

Networks

Quote from: spear on April 13, 2005, 05:41 PM
If your not going to add proxy support, you should add more than one connection at once, so you can get through the list faster with less delay. Ie. have four connections on one exe going through one list, if you do it right you can make your delays much shorter.

This is an intresting idea. If you do this would it influence it differently if you had one connection. If you load 4 bots and disconnect and delay how would bnet deal with that as opposed to one bot? Would you need an extra amount of delay time opposed to a single connection?

Yegg

That might not be such a good idea. Even though it would be getting done about 4 accounts per delay, it would also need to have a longer delay. The more accounts you log on at the same time the better your chance of getting ip banned is. Even thought you probably wouldn't, if your delays were set right, users who are inexperienced with bots would think that it is taking longer, this is why I think it would be better to use 1 winsock control and just log on 1 account per delay.

Networks

Quote from: Yegg on April 14, 2005, 02:37 PM
That might not be such a good idea. Even though it would be getting done about 4 accounts per delay, it would also need to have a longer delay. The more accounts you log on at the same time the better your chance of getting ip banned is. Even thought you probably wouldn't, if your delays were set right, users who are inexperienced with bots would think that it is taking longer, this is why I think it would be better to use 1 winsock control and just log on 1 account per delay.

That's what I assumed what would happen.

Michael

Quote from: HeRo on April 12, 2005, 10:16 PM
I am attempting to create a war3 name jogger, I have the hashed connection complete, I just need to know if its even possible and if it is, how would I deal with the timers and other stuff that is needed for a name jogger. I need some help. -_- VB6
Ok, i hate to sound mean but is it just me but if he accutaly made the war3 hashed connection scripts, wouldn't he have no problem setting up a few timers?

Archangel

Quote from: -MichaeL- on April 14, 2005, 05:37 PM
Quote from: HeRo on April 12, 2005, 10:16 PM
Ok, i hate to sound mean but is it just me but if he accutaly made the war3 hashed connection scripts, wouldn't he have no problem setting up a few timers?

I was thinking that, but w/e maybe we are wrong :]
I'm not an Addict.

Yegg

He may be doing something a bit more complicated with timers. Maybe he understands it but he hasn't a clue how it should be put together to create the best posible code.