• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

simulateing key pressing

Started by Tontow, April 08, 2005, 05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LivedKrad

Failure to answer a challenge based off of a previous statement made by yourself makes you wrong?

Well, my Algebra 2 teacher is in for some exciting new interpretations of our conversations. Thanks for the tip, Adron.

Ban

Adron

Quote from: LivedKrad on April 22, 2005, 07:08 PM
Failure to answer a challenge based off of a previous statement made by yourself makes you wrong?

Well, my Algebra 2 teacher is in for some exciting new interpretations of our conversations. Thanks for the tip, Adron.

Absolutely. A math teacher should be able to prove all the theorems being taught or be able to point to existing proofs if the proof is too long to write on the blackboard. Math teachers should never rely on saying: "This is the way it, because I say so", because then they're turning math into something as vague as religion - based on belief and speculation.

QwertyMonster

In my maths lesson, im the best in it :P

The teacher explains it, but then i go into more detail than she can, and the class listen carefully, and say "No i dont understand what the teacher says", but when i explain they say, "Yes i kind of understand this".

If i feel my teacher hasn't explained it well, i will explain it back to her in more detail. My maths teacher (Is a she) is actually very good.

Yegg

I learn more from http://math.com than school math classes.

LivedKrad

Quote from: Adron on April 25, 2005, 10:02 AM
Quote from: LivedKrad on April 22, 2005, 07:08 PM

Absolutely. A math teacher should be able to prove all the theorems being taught or be able to point to existing proofs if the proof is too long to write on the blackboard. Math teachers should never rely on saying: "This is the way it, because I say so", because then they're turning math into something as vague as religion - based on belief and speculation.

My Chemistry teacher frequently says such things. Apparently, if we get an answer wrong on the test but the answer book says otherwise, weare completely wrong and there is no room for discussion or for proving the answer false.

"I thought you said the delta H of a substance was its exothermic or endothermic temperature change.."

"The answer is A, damnit!"

Adron

Sounds like you've been given simplified explanations. Besides, there's a huge difference between math and chemistry!

LivedKrad

Agreed. There is a substantial difference between math and chemistry in most areas, however the teaching styles at my school for chemistry and math are one in the same: don't ask don't tell.

Adron

You should try asking your math teacher for more proofs. Since math is based purely on theory, you can generally prove things. Unlike chemistry which is somewhat empirical.

Tontow

How would I send the keys to a single program regardless of weather it was full screen or minimized?

What about data injection? - (Note: I have no clue what data injection is)

BTW, I'm not makeing a cheating micro bot, I'm trying to make a tourney program that can interface with and send text through any or most game clients, but I'm focusing on getting it to work with starcraft first. - kinda like that one program that truned your starcraft into a moderation bot.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Tontow on May 09, 2005, 03:17 PM
How would I send the keys to a single program regardless of weather it was full screen or minimized?

What about data injection? - (Note: I have no clue what data injection is)

BTW, I'm not makeing a cheating micro bot, I'm trying to make a tourney program that can interface with and send text through any or most game clients, but I'm focusing on getting it to work with starcraft first. - kinda like that one program that truned your starcraft into a moderation bot.

Quote from: Adron on April 09, 2005, 01:27 PM
If you want to send keys to non-active windows, you can sometimes use SendMessage or PostMessage with WM_KEYDOWN, WM_KEYUP and/or WM_CHAR.

(I realize that this thread has gone way off-topic, but you could have looked through the responses ;))
Both SendMessage and PostMessage are documented in MSDN.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Yegg

I'm sure pscode.com and vbcode.com have some perfect examples on doing this.