• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

The Statistics Lecture Series

Started by MyndFyre, April 05, 2005, 07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyndFyre

Coming soon -- on Yoni's Forum of Doom and Mathematical Jumble -- is the MyndFyre Statistics Lecture Series!

Because I've had so many statistics classes that cover progressively difficult material, I have an inkling to go back and review the basics.  (By the way, "so many" == 4 at the moment).  With more coming, I've decided to put this together as both a review for myself and a reference for others.

If you have any questions, since I don't moderate Yoni's forum, I'd prefer that they come via Private Message, and then I'll toss that question into the lesson(s) to which it is applicable.

Plus, I figure that if I start writing these out now, when the eventual time comes that I have to actually teach a statistics class, I'll be prepared.  :)

And with that, I give you the Statistics Lecture Series.  :)

(I'll be coming back to this tonight.  I'm about halfway done with lesson one.)
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Maddox

Assuming normality, my 90% confidence interval for you actually doing this is (.45, .68)
asdf.

Ender

Quote from: Maddox on April 05, 2005, 09:51 PM
Assuming normality, my 90% confidence interval for you actually doing this is (.45, .68)

Haha. My normal probability plot shows a curve for him actually doing this! Of course, I have more data than Maddox ;)

*shrugs at posting 7 months later*

hismajesty

My AP Statistics grade is starting to slip, hurry upppp!