• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

FireFox problems

Started by DeTaiLs, March 30, 2005, 04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeTaiLs

Last night my firefox stopped working so i closed it then when I re-open it asked me for a user-name and it made me make a new user name now i lost all my bookmarks and saved sites does anybody know how to get this information back.

QwertyMonster

Nope, but you should not of done that. All you had to do was not make one and restart pc.

Stealth

You should be able to restore the profile as the data is still in C:\Documents and Settings\Your Windows Username\Application Data\Firefox.
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

Meh

I had that problem with the latest update. It stoped trying to connect to sites as it thought I wasnty connected. I had to restart to surf the net over and over. Scince I reformated I havnt updated and everything is fine.

DeTaiLs

Thanks stealth i found it but how do i change back over

Blaze

Replace the new directorys files with with the old ones.
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

hismajesty

it's because a firefox instance didnt close all the way. You coulda just gone to task manager and stopped the process.

DeTaiLs

Thanks Blaze i got it befor u said anything didnt have time to edit and it was like 4 am when it happen to me i wasent thinking to ctrl + alt +del it

edit:: taught i fixed it i only got half of my info back not sure where to put the rest

Thing

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on March 30, 2005, 04:58 PM
it's because a firefox instance didnt close all the way. You coulda just gone to task manager and stopped the process.

There is no Firefox Instance in Wow.
That sucking sound you hear is my bandwidth.

Stealth

Quote from: Thing on March 31, 2005, 08:57 AM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on March 30, 2005, 04:58 PM

There is no Firefox Instance in Wow.

Yes there is! It's one of the sub-passageways in the Sunken Temple ;)
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot