• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Right to Die?

Started by Hazard, March 24, 2005, 12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazard

Nutritional deprevation. How do you know the way that she died? Is it your extensive medical expertise? Are you a hospice worker in at her care facility in Sarasota? Or are you just repeating the rhetoric repeated by the Rev. Jesse Jackson and the Schindler family?

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Arta

Adron

Well, the hospital said she was suffering from dehydration before she died.

Hazard

Quote from: Adron on April 01, 2005, 02:07 AM

There's a problem like that, she wasn't at a hospital.

Hazard

Quote from: Arta[vL] on March 31, 2005, 08:50 PM
...how do you know?

Because I trust the word of the leading doctors in their respective fields that have come forward to dispell the ruomors that you believe.

Adron

Quote from: Hazard on April 01, 2005, 12:51 PM
Quote from: Adron on April 01, 2005, 02:07 AM

There's a problem like that, she wasn't at a hospital.

Well, whatever it's called. Don't mark words. Give "schiavo dehydration" a google and see what you get.

Hazard

All of those are just news reports on the subject. None of that is the comment of the trained, professional doctors because if they were, it wouldn't even  be an issue. All of the credible doctors said that it was not a grueling and painful death.

Falcon[anti-yL]

I doubt the doctors would know whether it was painful as they aren't in her place, but if her brain isn't working, then theoretically she won't feel anything.

Adron

Exactly, because her brain isn't working she is unable to feel anything. Comments of trained, professional doctors said that she would die from dehydration before she died from starvation.

Hazard

Nutritional deprivation is the word they used, never starvation or dehydration.

Arta

For God's sake, who cares? Can't we all just agree that it was less pleasant than an injection?

Banana fanna fo fanna

Quote from: Hazard on March 31, 2005, 08:47 PM
Nutritional deprevation. How do you know the way that she died? Is it your extensive medical expertise? Are you a hospice worker in at her care facility in Sarasota? Or are you just repeating the rhetoric repeated by the Rev. Jesse Jackson and the Schindler family?

No. I know for a fact that you die from dehydration far before starvation. You're wrong.

Adron

Quote from: Arta[vL] on April 01, 2005, 09:29 PM
For God's sake, who cares? Can't we all just agree that it was less pleasant than an injection?

Only if we agree it was murder?

Arta

If you think euthenasia is murder, then it's murder anyway: she died because they witheld treatment. I don't see any difference.

Adron

Quote from: Arta[vL] on April 02, 2005, 06:44 AM
If you think euthenasia is murder, then it's murder anyway: she died because they witheld treatment. I don't see any difference.

Was she well enough to think and feel and experience "pleasant" or "not pleasant"?

|