• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Main Menu

VBScript

Started by Mangix, March 13, 2005, 11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangix

how does one rig it so that when i make a field, the user types in lets say DotA, then it would redirect him to a page? im no real expert on HTML VBScript but here goes. Sub i dunno which
If Field = DotA Then
Redirect somewhere
ElseIf Field = Warcraft Then
Redirect Elsewhere
Else
Redirect Elsewhere too.
so how would i do this?

R.a.B.B.i.T

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="X;Y">

X = delay in seconds
Y = URL

IE:
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="5;http://www.google.com/search?q=DotA">

--
[edit]
That's HTML, btw, so you'd use Document.Write (I guess).

quasi-modo

I am assuming this is for asp classic and this is not a client side implementation of vbscript.

<form action="takeme.asp" method="post">
<input type="text" name="pagename" size="20">
<input type="submit" value="submit">
</form>
<%
dim pagename
pagename=request.form("pagename")
if pagename<>"" then
      response.redirect(pagename)
end If
%>

name this file takeme.asp and then type http://google.com into your input and wahlah you are there.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Mangix

ummm cant i put in a code similar to this in a .html file?

quasi-modo

yes... except that client side vbscript is not well supported. You should not use javascript for functional scripting, that is with 10% of the internet not supporting it. Do you know the numbers for client side vbscript? I would be willing to bet that far more than 10% of the internet does not support it. It makes no sense for anyone to use client side vbscript. That is why I figured you wanted the server side implementation.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Mangix

i just want to put an almost blank page on the home of my website and it would have text saying Choose your Destination. then there would be a field below saying where to go to. and thats where i need VBScript cause i saw a site that had this ability with VBScript. i dunno how to do it in HTML cause i dunno the functions for VBScript in HTML. for Stealthbot those are easy.

quasi-modo

Quote from: Mangix on March 20, 2005, 12:45 AM

i just want to put an almost blank page on the home of my website and it would have text saying Choose your Destination. then there would be a field below saying where to go to. and thats where i need VBScript cause i saw a site that had this ability with VBScript. i dunno how to do it in HTML cause i dunno the functions for VBScript in HTML. for Stealthbot those are easy.
The best option would be server side, like I posted above. If you want to do it client side you should do it with javascript, the support would be better. But like I said, if this is going to be something important it must be done server side, otherwise your site will fail for a certain % of your users.
WAR EAGLE!

Banana fanna fo fanna

You want a dropdown, or a textfield?

Also...I thought you were a "VBScript/HTML" expert? :)

Don't bother using VBScript. It's old, outdated, and unsupported, even when used server-side.

quasi-modo

Quote from: Banana fanna fo fanna on March 21, 2005, 11:42 AM
You want a dropdown, or a textfield?

Also...I thought you were a "VBScript/HTML" expert? :)

Don't bother using VBScript. It's old, outdated, and unsupported, even when used server-side.
I would not call vbscript unsupported when used server side, but outdated yes. It's all about teh .net now.
WAR EAGLE!

effect

Quote from: Mangix on March 22, 2005, 03:03 AM
i am an expert Stealthbot VBScript. Recognize Bitch. anyways thx. ima find some Javascript tutorial and work with that.

oh and the reason i dont know HTML VBScript is cause i dunno any of its functions. for stealthbot i know about all of them.

HOLY SHIT!, My life is now complete, i have found the most funniest, stupidest comment/post what ever, of all time.

I couldnt of made one up better if i tried.........
i am an expert Stealthbot VBScript. Recognize Bitch.

Mangix

ROFL. you thought that was sooooooo funny that you put it in your sig lmao. Function Laid(User)
If user = you Then document.write ('/kick ' & User)

Blaze

Wow, you have no idea what your doing. You didn't even end the function!
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

effect

Quote from: Mangix on March 22, 2005, 06:22 PM
ROFL. you thought that was sooooooo funny that you put it in your sig lmao. Function Laid(User)
If user = you Then document.write ('/kick ' & User)

Hmm i see, your trying to rival your other outrageously stupid post, sorry, i just dont have enought space below to qoute them all.
i am an expert Stealthbot VBScript. Recognize Bitch.

quasi-modo

Quote from: Blaze on March 22, 2005, 08:36 PM
Wow, you have no idea what your doing. You didn't even end the function!
Not to mention the if statement.
WAR EAGLE!

Mangix

ummmmmmmm no. quasi = WRONG. if the If statement is one line only, there is no need for End If. ask JoeTheOdd if you dont believe me. also i know i didnt end the function. i was in a hurry at the time.