• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

A retarded issue... And I need some help - pretty please!

Started by Eldarion, February 26, 2005, 09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eldarion

This has to do with port settings in Warcraft III. I use Dorm Internet, it is GAY and has 3 firewalls. I need to get passed them to play games. Any help here guys?

What other ports can we use to connect to Battle.net with other than 6112-6118 or whatever.

For example, I couldn't connect to AIM, so I used MSN's port; 1863, and it worked. I am wondering if there's a way to do this in Warcraft III, but the question is - what port? Any ideas of port numbers that could get around a firewall? The only firewall I know of that the school I am at has is "SonicWall". The other 2 are... Less identifiable.

Newby

Eww. I have a SonicWALL. I hate it. :p

I don't think there is. Sorry sir.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Mangix

1) 3724
2) 6112
3) 6881-6999
4) 4000
this is what Berzerker got when calling Blizzard :).

iago

There's a site that I forget now, it would let you redirect everything over port 80.  Find an invisible proxy type thing that tunnels all your stuff through port 80. 

I forget what it's called, though.  It might come to me in sleep, if it does I'll post it tomorrow
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

cefx-

cefx
Technodev.org (future project) / UnixPartisan.org
Future dictator

Eldarion

The server in my dorms blocks the IP address and port to Battle.net. So I guess I'm screwed. It does NOT support proxies either. So yeah. Gay.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Eldarion on February 28, 2005, 03:53 PM
The server in my dorms blocks the IP address and port to Battle.net. So I guess I'm screwed. It does NOT support proxies either. So yeah. Gay.
Have you asked the netadmin to change that?
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Eldarion

Yes, he said he'd look at it. He's worried about bandwidth and security issues.

I told him that;
a) The severs are owned and supported by legally bound corporate companies.
b) Game packets take up barely any bandwidth.
c) They do not need to connect to me, only I need to connect to them.
d) There are 7 ports he needs to open, and a range of 18 IPs he needs to unblock for USEast access.