Started by Arta, February 24, 2005, 07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arta

iago

This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

shout

Hmmm...

US Gov + Spyware = ...Popups over Bush's head when he is speaking?

Really though, that is sad.

tA-Kane

Quote from: Shout on February 24, 2005, 09:03 AMUS Gov + Spyware = ...Popups over Bush's head when he is speaking?
Dude... don't give the networks that idea. They might actually do it.

Could you imagine bush rambling on "omfg korea es teh sux0r they are building nukes! only we are allowed to have nukes! yeah! killem!!! killemall!!!", and suddenly a popup saying "Tired of political nonsense? You shoulda voted this guy out three years ago!"

Wait... maybe that'd be a good thing?
Macintosh programmer and enthusiast.
Battle.net Bot Programming: http://www.bash.org/?240059
I can write programs. Can you right them?

http://www.clan-mac.com
http://www.eve-online.com

Banana fanna fo fanna

Wow.

Since I'm not a blind party follower like certain people, I can say that this is fucking retarded.

dxoigmn

When I first read this, I couldn't believe. Just goes to show...oh wait best not to go down the road.

Banana fanna fo fanna

Quote from: dxoigmn on February 24, 2005, 12:17 PM
When I first read this, I couldn't believe. Just goes to show...oh wait best not to go down the road.

Oh wait you're a [personal attack]

MyndFyre

Ugh, the sarcasm in there is completely misplaced.  Have you ever seen the movie Catch Me If You Can?  Same idea -- the FBI hired the guy about whom the movie was made to help detect forgeries.

Yet another example of liberal media not thinking before reacting.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

iago

Quote from: MyndFyre on February 24, 2005, 06:43 PM
Ugh, the sarcasm in there is completely misplaced.  Have you ever seen the movie Catch Me If You Can?  Same idea -- the FBI hired the guy about whom the movie was made to help detect forgeries.

Yet another example of liberal media not thinking before reacting.

We discussed this at work at length.  I had a Security position, and I asked them about hiring hackers.  They said that they would never hire a hacker because of issues with morality and such.  Hackers have a certain lack of morality, and a certain personality, that they shouldn't be trusted with a security job (where you have frequent access to sensitive information).

I think this is the same idea. 
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Arta

Yes. If it could be demonstrated that the guy's intent was to 'switch sides', then I'd agree with MF. Generally, however, I tend not to trust corporate pig-dogs :)

Adron

Quote from: Arta[vL] on February 25, 2005, 06:23 AM
Yes. If it could be demonstrated that the guy's intent was to 'switch sides', then I'd agree with MF. Generally, however, I tend not to trust corporate pig-dogs :)

I don't think he had any intention of letting go of his job as a spyware manufacturer? Isn't it more like RIAA trying to infiltrate as many groups as possible?

R.a.B.B.i.T

Nonsense, the RIAA loves to invaderespect privacy!