Starcraft UDP

Started by Archangel, February 20, 2005, 01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archangel

x
I'm not an Addict.

Archangel

12  201.133.95.105:6113  :0  8  SendTo 
0000  06 00 00 00 98 6C 1B 01                            .....l..

anyone knows whats 0x06?
I'm not an Addict.

Eric

Quote from: Archangel on February 20, 2005, 07:07 PM

12  201.133.95.105:6113  :0  8  SendTo 
0000  06 00 00 00 98 6C 1B 01                            .....l..

anyone knows whats 0x06?

PKT_SELFPING

NetNX

What i dont understand about upd is that can i make multiple connections to one upd server? and if not how do i create a control array for it?

Soul Taker

As stated many times in this thread, UDP is connectionless.

BaDDBLooD

People who only make bots usually use TCP Instead of UDP.  When they hear the word UDP, it's like *LIGHTBULB*  :'(
There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating: people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing.

UserLoser.

Quote from: BaDDBLooD on February 21, 2005, 01:22 PM
People who only make bots usually use TCP Instead of UDP.  When they hear the word UDP, it's like *LIGHTBULB*  :'(

Well, for Battle.net, you must use TCP.  Anyways, wouldn't the lightbulb go off/away when they hear it?

Eric

Quote from: BaDDBLooD on February 21, 2005, 01:22 PM

hmmm... what should I do when I don't understand something?  *LIGHTBULB*  LOOK IT UP.  Just because they aren't familiar with something, doesn't mean they can't learn.

Aside from that, all products predating Diablo II use UDP, so anyone that has made a binary bot should atleast have a basic understanding of what UDP is.

Zakath

I'd just like to point out that you CAN connect() a datagram socket. It doesn't actually make it a connection-oriented network, but it allows the programmer to treat it that way.
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.

Arta

hmm, except there's still no reliable delivery. connect() on a UDP socket just sets a default address. iirc?

Archangel

Difference between UDP and TCP is that UDP provides connectionless service, is a host-to-host protocol that is used over packet-switched computer communications networks, and that allows an application program on one computer to send a datagram to an application program on another computer.

Well, asking about Starcraft UDP, anyone know the packet sequence for joining a game? and the packets documentation?
I'm not an Addict.

Zakath

Quote from: Arta[vL] on February 21, 2005, 02:37 PM
hmm, except there's still no reliable delivery. connect() on a UDP socket just sets a default address. iirc?

Correct.
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

UserLoser.

Quote from: Archangel on February 21, 2005, 02:43 PM
Difference between UDP and TCP is that UDP provides connectionless service, is a host-to-host protocol that is used over packet-switched computer communications networks, and that allows an application program on one computer to send a datagram to an application program on another computer.

Well, asking about Starcraft UDP, anyone know the packet sequence for joining a game? and the packets documentation?

Good job on rewording it from http://www.bandwidthmarket.com/resources/glossary/U2.html.  And to answer your first question, yes.  Second question: the question makes no sense

Warrior

I think he means is there a documentation which AFAIK there isn't.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Zakath

"As far as I know."

Now, did that really require a forum post to find out? You could have googled it.

|