• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

If anyone here uses ABC (Another Bitorrent Client)...

Started by Arta, February 20, 2005, 01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arta

ABC is a nice bitorrent client. I chose it because it can queue downloads, which we need, because everyone in the house shares the same instance of bitorrent to stop it from consuming all our bandwidth. It has a simple protocol for controlling downloads remotely, but the web interface advertised on the site has been discontinued. I wrote one to replace it. If you're interested in trying it, you can download it here.

Any comments or suggestions would be great :)

dxoigmn

Quote from: Arta[vL] on February 20, 2005, 01:12 PM
ABC is a nice bitorrent client. I chose it because it can queue downloads, which we need, because everyone in the house shares the same instance of bitorrent to stop it from consuming all our bandwidth. It has a simple protocol for controlling downloads remotely, but the web interface advertised on the site has been discontinued. I wrote one to replace it. If you're interested in trying it, you can download it here.

Any comments or suggestions would be great :)

Any ASP implementations?

Arta

tA-Kane

I briefly look on ABC's website, and it says it runs on Linux. Do you think it'll run on *BSD?
Macintosh programmer and enthusiast.
Battle.net Bot Programming: http://www.bash.org/?240059
I can write programs. Can you right them?

http://www.clan-mac.com
http://www.eve-online.com

Arta

Arta

Newby

I like web interfaces to stuff that runs in the background.

If I used ABC, I'd be interested in it. :)
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Arta

Newby

Next time I go on a mass downloading spree I shall!
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Arta[vL] on February 21, 2005, 04:43 PM
Bah :(

LoL, apparently the web interface is secret spyware that sends Arta your credit card number!  :P
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

shout

Quote from: MyndFyre on February 22, 2005, 05:59 PM
Quote from: Arta[vL] on February 21, 2005, 04:43 PM
Bah :(

LoL, apparently the web interface is secret spyware that sends Arta your credit card number!  :P

Even if you never used a credit card on a computer at all! Using an advanced algorithum that uses your screen name to generate your personality then, using your personality, makes a correct jugement of your real name. Then it simply takes all your credit card numbers.

hismajesty