• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Went Fishing

Started by BaDDBLooD, February 12, 2005, 11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iago

Quote from: KrAzY_NuK on February 14, 2005, 12:29 PM
Quote from: iago on February 12, 2005, 04:05 PM
The rangers and stuff are part of "Manitoba Fisheries", which is provincial.  I don't know how it's done in Ontario.

Each province has it's on rules and regulations (including size and quantity limits).

That's, like, exactly what I said :P
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Hazard

I was out fishing a few weekends back and pulled a 25 pound Dolphin out of the Gulf of Mexico, pictures to come.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

BaDDBLooD

HAHA

Anyways, they were 8 - 9 inches, i remeasured them as i was filleting.  Gonna cook them tonight =)
There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating: people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing.

Hazard

I never understood the intrigue of freshwater fishing, I don't get the same kind of fight I find in saltwater fish.

CrAz3D

Lake fishing, THAT is nuts.  I don't get how people have the patience to throw the line out & sit there for.....20 minutes.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

shout

I cant sit anywhere except in front of a computer or PS2 for more than 5 minutes.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Shout on February 15, 2005, 09:52 PM
I cant sit anywhere except in front of a computer or PS2 for more than 5 minutes.
I know how you feel, in class (the 1 i have) I'm constantly fidgetting, @ work too
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

KrAzY_NuK

Quote from: Hazard on February 15, 2005, 07:23 PM
I never understood the intrigue of freshwater fishing, I don't get the same kind of fight I find in saltwater fish.

obviously you haven't done any real freshwater fishing!   LOL    :)  Good ole Sturgeon, Pike, Musky, an Catfish...good fights.  Plus you use lighter gear, so it's harder to bring the fish up.

Actually, I agree, saltwater fishing is much better than freshwater.  But when you don't live on the coast, freshwater is much easier and more convenient.  My dad caught a 96 lb. Halibut a couple years ago in BC, now THAT was excitement!

iago

Wow, best I've seen is a 26 pound jackfish (northern pike). 

Fishing at the lake at my cottage is the best.  We've went for over 3 hours without catching anything.  Of course, I don't fish there much anymore, usually just go canoing :)

Hazard

My personal best was a triple digit Marlin... now there is a fight.

KrAzY_NuK

Quote from: Hazard on February 16, 2005, 02:14 PM
My personal best was a triple digit Marlin... now there is a fight.

I'd love to go marlin fishing!
One day when I have a decent amount of cash I'll take my dad on a charter to do some big-time fishing like that.

I miss goin out to BC.  We would trap crab and prawns, then clean and eat them fresh at the campsite.  Then of course fishing for Salmon, Cod, and Halibut   :)

Good times

hismajesty

Quote from: iago on February 16, 2005, 01:24 PM

Fishing at the lake at my cottage is the best. We've went for over 3 hours without catching anything. Of course, I don't fish there much anymore, usually just go canoing :)

Yeah, cause everyones goal is to not catch anything.

iago

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on February 16, 2005, 03:59 PM
Quote from: iago on February 16, 2005, 01:24 PM

Fishing at the lake at my cottage is the best. We've went for over 3 hours without catching anything. Of course, I don't fish there much anymore, usually just go canoing :)

Yeah, cause everyones goal is to not catch anything.

The less I catch, the less I have to touch, clean, gut, and eat, none of which I particularely like doing with fish :P

Blaze

Quote from: CrAz3D on February 15, 2005, 08:28 PM
Lake fishing, THAT is nuts. I don't get how people have the patience to throw the line out & sit there for.....20 minutes.
I can do it no problem, you just have to wait... Plus you have to have the right lures/bait and know where to fish, and where not to..
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

Hazard

I just have never been able to get much of a fight from any kind of freshwater fish. Bone Fishing in the flats of South Florida, there is a rush. Dragging Snook and big Reds out of the rocky shoals... there is a challange. Pulling in a massive Tarpon on a fly line, there's something not for the faint of heart.

|