• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

cease fire, how long will it last?

Started by quasi-modo, February 08, 2005, 08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

how long do you think the cease fire will last?

One week
7 (46.7%)
One month
2 (13.3%)
Two months
0 (0%)
two months < somewhere in here < year
1 (6.7%)
one year
1 (6.7%)
several years
0 (0%)
we are in for the long haul this time!
4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 9

|

dxoigmn

Quote from: Hazard on February 11, 2005, 04:46 PM
I'm trying to make sense of the senseless here, so bear with me. I'm going to assume that you stand against the death penalty too, since it is in your eyes "stooping to their level" to kill somebody because they brutally took another person's life. I don't think that many right-minded people argue for that Black's are inferior to Whites. In fact, many of these right-minded people stand to abolish affirmative action because it permits a lower standard from the black community. The Israelis don't argue that the Palestinians are inferior to them either. They are merely stepping up to the plate to defend themselves from terrorists. But apparently going after people just because they killed your own innocent people isn't okay, because somehow you got the idea that they find themselves superior. You're just too stupid to even talk to at this point.

Certainly you have others have painted the picture of Palestinians being these blood-thirsty savages who encourage their children to run into gun fire and other horrible acts as does Israel and their supporters (and if you don't believe this then the asshole, Daniel Pipes, that was at our school a we days ago must have been a ghost).  That implies inferiority.  Therefore, my argument stands.

I was toying with the example of Blacks and Whites (in the 1950s) because you brought up the issue of race and I find it fun to argue you with your own points in some ridiculous way.

dxoigmn

Quote from: quasi-modo on February 11, 2005, 05:40 PM
Not really. Israel targets terrorist groups. They are not going for justice against the bombers because they are already dead. They are not going for revenge either. What they are going for is prevention. They are trying to take out the terrorists and their leaders before they can strike.

"Israel Responds to Suicide Bomb with (American-made) F-16s", "ISRAEL RESPONDS TO SUICIDE BUS BOMBING", "   
Bombers' families targeted as Israel responds to new violence" and many other oh-so-familiar headlines.  Doesn't sound like Israel is being proactive but rather reactive.

Banana fanna fo fanna

Quote from: dxoigmn on February 11, 2005, 07:36 PM
Not really. Israel targets terrorist groups. They are not going for justice against the bombers because they are already dead. They are not going for revenge either. What they are going for is prevention. They are trying to take out the terrorists and their leaders before they can strike.

"Israel Responds to Suicide Bomb with (American-made) F-16s", "ISRAEL RESPONDS TO SUICIDE BUS BOMBING", "   
Bombers' families targeted as Israel responds to new violence" and many other oh-so-familiar headlines. Doesn't sound like Israel is being proactive but rather reactive.

I love how you inject American-made into it to villify our nation once again.

dxoigmn

Quote from: Banana fanna fo fanna on February 11, 2005, 10:07 PM

Bombers' families targeted as Israel responds to new violence" and many other oh-so-familiar headlines. Doesn't sound like Israel is being proactive but rather reactive.

I love how you inject American-made into it to villify our nation once again.

I didn't inject anything into those headlines.  I just copied and pasted some examples, that was already there.  Don't assume, you only make an ass out of you and me.

Hazard

According to dxo, the United States is the root of all evil. He should try living under a dictatorship or in one of these communist nations he seems to be constantly defending, but he wont because quite honestly he's a coward.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Adron

Quote from: Hazard on February 11, 2005, 11:32 PM
According to dxo, the United States is the root of all evil. He should try living under a dictatorship or in one of these communist nations he seems to be constantly defending, but he wont because quite honestly he's a coward.

You need to stop making personal assaults or you'll be banned from the forum again.

Hazard

Jesus its a politics forum, everybody has done it, nobody takes it personally just get over it.

dxoigmn

Quote from: Hazard on February 12, 2005, 08:54 AM
Jesus its a politics forum, everybody has done it, nobody takes it personally just get over it.

Maybe no one takes it personally, but it certainly destroys your credibility and whether or not people actually want to listen to you.

Hazard

Everybody who matters considers what I have to say. Everybody who doesn't believes that what they think they know or believe is an indisputable fact. Cases in point, yourself, Arta, and Adron. Thats not a personal attack, thats a conjecture from months of observation.

Arta

Roughly translated: Everyone who agrees with you is important, and the rest of us are morons.

Get a grip. The fact that we disagree with you doesn't mean that we don't consider what you say.

Hazard

You never have and you never will. Must I point to the old gun control debate as a prime example?

Arta

No. That debate was exemplified by us stating our views, and then you stating yours. Then we disagreed. Then we started again. Repeat x6 pages.

The fact that you are incapable of changing our minds, and vice versa, does not mean you haven't successfully conveyed your point of view.

quasi-modo

Bombers' families targeted as Israel responds to new violence" and many other oh-so-familiar headlines.  Doesn't sound like Israel is being proactive but rather reactive.
You expect them to roll over and say hard harder screw me harder? Of course they are going to respond somehow. Generally it is against the group. That family thing is badly out of context, I have seen examples of Israelies trying to isolate the money that saddam was giving to them and such, which is incentive for people to blow themselves up. Consider arthur miller's death of a salesman and the insurance money. I have never seen Israel's forces going into the home of a 'former' bomber with machine gun's blazing though.

Keep in mind the UN hates Israel and they just look for ammo to use against Israel. Israel is pissed on by the world and unrightfully so.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

dxoigmn

Quote from: quasi-modo on February 13, 2005, 08:23 PM

You expect them to roll over and say hard harder screw me harder? Of course they are going to respond somehow. Generally it is against the group. That family thing is badly out of context, I have seen examples of Israelies trying to isolate the money that saddam was giving to them and such, which is incentive for people to blow themselves up. Consider arthur miller's death of a salesman and the insurance money. I have never seen Israel's forces going into the home of a 'former' bomber with machine gun's blazing though.

Keep in mind the UN hates Israel and they just look for ammo to use against Israel. Israel is pissed on by the world and unrightfully so.

So what is it?  You keep changing your stance on the issue.  Is Israel being proactive or reactive?

quasi-modo

Quote from: dxoigmn on February 13, 2005, 10:33 PM
Quote from: quasi-modo on February 13, 2005, 08:23 PM

So what is it?  You keep changing your stance on the issue.  Is Israel being proactive or reactive?
They are being more proactive I would say. Like I said, I have not heard of Israel going in and killing the suicide bomber's family, I would expect them to try to stop Saddam's money from getting to the family though. That way it will take away incentive for other people to blow themselves up.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

|