• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Professions for a Priest

Started by warz, February 07, 2005, 04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rabid Rob

Crafted items are meant to be weaker than findable items.  What makes them good is that they are easy and reliable to make (relatively speaking).

Enchanting is a rich man's skill.  I recommend going with skinning till you are rich, then switch to that.  Rich being, oh, 125-150 gold (you gotta buy a horse, remember...).  The bonuses from enchantments are weak for a long time anyways.  If you really want to level Enchant, you gotta spend a lot of money on bids in the AH (not buyouts), most bids won't win, but by going volume, you get the items you need to skill up.

Really, crafted items + enchanting are skills that can be used to greatly assist lower level chars.  Grok can make decent clothes, for example, and if we had a master enchanter, they could then be buffed up superbly.  That's just something to consider for the future, though.

Grok

Grok is now at 300 tailoring, and Chroma has picked up Enchanting to 225.  As well, Poonga (whatever his name is now) has switched to Enchanting and is around 267 skill.  So any higher enchants he can probably do.

Adron

Quote from: Rabid Rob on February 13, 2005, 08:45 PM
Really, crafted items + enchanting are skills that can be used to greatly assist lower level chars.  Grok can make decent clothes, for example, and if we had a master enchanter, they could then be buffed up superbly.  That's just something to consider for the future, though.

Umm, I don't think you can do that... At least high level armor patches can't be applied to low level items. I tried to put thick armor onto a pair of level 20 or so gloves, and WoW refused.

Spht

It also seems like a waste to use any high level enchants on your equipment until you reach endgame.  Before level 50, you're likely to find a replacement for a piece or armor or weapon you're using within the next 5 levels.

It's like people who pay over 100 gold for level 35 epic items...

Grok

Quote from: Adron on February 15, 2005, 11:07 AM
Quote from: Rabid Rob on February 13, 2005, 08:45 PM

Umm, I don't think you can do that... At least high level armor patches can't be applied to low level items. I tried to put thick armor onto a pair of level 20 or so gloves, and WoW refused.

It works with enchanting.  I enchanted several level 12 cloaks and pants with 220-level enchantments and put them on auction house.  They sold nicely.  The cloak had +50 armor, the pants had +3 resist all.