• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Is Yoni really a woman?

Started by cefx-, January 31, 2005, 06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cefx-

yoni
    (yonn'-ee) n. a representation of the external female genitals, regarded as the symbol of Shakti. adj. yonic. (this would be the opposite of phallic, presumably)

Or did we already have a topic about this?

Meh.  That's a cool definition.
cefx
Technodev.org (future project) / UnixPartisan.org
Future dictator

MyndFyre

Quote from: cefx- on January 31, 2005, 06:46 PM
yoni
    (yonn'-ee) n. a representation of the external female genitals, regarded as the symbol of Shakti. adj. yonic. (this would be the opposite of phallic, presumably)

Or did we already have a topic about this?

Meh.  That's a cool definition.

Except that I think "phallus" is the correct word for the adjective "phallic," although I'm not sure whether that has any relevance.  Anyway, I remember once reading Yoni's RL name, and as I recall it's not far from Yoni, which is why (I presume) he chose it.  *shrug*
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Hitmen

Wikipedia says:
Yoni is also a nickname for the hebrew name Yonatan (which when translated to english is Jonathan)
I assume his name is Yonatan.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Hitmen on January 31, 2005, 07:39 PM
Wikipedia says:
Yoni is also a nickname for the hebrew name Yonatan (which when translated to english is Jonathan)
I assume his name is Yonatan.

I think you're right.  I wish I could remember where I saw it.

*correction* aha!  http://www.valhallalegends.com/yoni/yoni.asp
My real name is Yehonatan Rozenshein, but practically everybody calls me Yoni.

But I think that Yehonatan is relatively similar to what you wrote, Hitmen, perhaps a minor dialectical distinction?  I'm no expert, but I've picked up a COUPLE things from Bible study.

Where's the expert?

(Side-note: that page seems sooooo innocent.... not like the Yoni I know :P)
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Joe[x86]

On the subject of our friend Yoni..
QuoteJoE ThE oDD wrote:

> Hi Yoni. My name is JoeTheOdd[e2], and me and my friend SlamBliss)DK( thought it would be cool to buy a hebrew keyboard. If you'd like to sell us one, we would apreciate it. I'm not sure how much it would cost to ship to the United States from Israel, but I suppose I would be able to pay if its not an insanely high price. Also, what type of currency would you like payment in, asuming you're willing to sell us one?
>
> Thank you.
> -JoeTheOdd[e2]
>
> PS: Any chance of getting a Hewbrew Windows 2000 CD? That looks pretty darn pimp.
>
>
Hello,

I am unable to provide the services at this time.
Please seek a different vendor.

- Yoni

I'm quite suprised he responded..
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

effect

wow , that was just totally stupid...

Quote from: Mangix on March 22, 2005, 03:03 AM
i am an expert Stealthbot VBScript. Recognize Bitch.

quasi-modo

WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

iago

From his page. " I am a 17 year old boy and I live in Israel."

That's like wrong.  Now he's an 18 year old man.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

WoOdTroll

Its a nick name. He probably never thought anyone would look it up.  ::)

quasi-modo

Quote from: iago on February 01, 2005, 01:37 PM

speaking of nick names, iago, are you the villain from othello or the bird from aladdin?
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

MyndFyre

Quote from: quasi-modo on February 01, 2005, 04:34 PM

speaking of nick names, iago, are you the villain from othello or the bird from aladdin?

iago is totally the villain from Othello.  Could it be any other way?!?

dxoigmn

Quote from: quasi-modo on February 01, 2005, 04:34 PM

http://forum.valhallalegends.com/phpbbs/index.php?topic=7501.0

iago

I'm the bird from Othello.

Actually, dxoisdghlk has it right, click his link :)

MyndFyre

Incidentally, Othello is probably my favorite of Shakespeare's works.  As far as video versions of it, I say the one with Laurence Fishburne as Othello is really awesome.

[edit]One of the modern-day versions of this movie, called "O," is fantastic.  You can find it on Amazon here.  I recommend this move wholeheartedly (and it links to the '95 Fishburne one).  It is an amazingly similar plot with an entirely different setting, and the actors do a great job of keeping it together.  ;)

iago

Quote from: MyndFyre on February 01, 2005, 08:06 PM
Incidentally, Othello is probably my favorite of Shakespeare's works.  As far as video versions of it, I say the one with Laurence Fishburne as Othello is really awesome.

[edit]One of the modern-day versions of this movie, called "O," is fantastic.  You can find it on Amazon here.  I recommend this move wholeheartedly (and it links to the '95 Fishburne one).  It is an amazingly similar plot with an entirely different setting, and the actors do a great job of keeping it together.  ;)

I haven't seen any of the movies, all I've done is read :(