• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Promote/Demote Friends

Started by PaiD, January 29, 2005, 06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shout

It looks to me as though it is sending SID_CHATCOMMAND with a NTString saying "/f p Tech-Blaze@useast".

Blaze

Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

OnlyMeat

Quote from: DueL on January 29, 2005, 06:34 PM
I was wanting to know is it possible to cause an item on a listview to move up 1 or down 1 without readding every1?

IIRC a listview item object has an index attribute, i imagine if you change this then it will alter the ordinal position it will be displayed at.

Zakath

Yes, this is the case. In my bot, the internal list that keeps track of extra information on all the users is searchable based on that index, which is synchronized to be the same in both the listview and the linked list.

Bear in mind that people can have the same index. If two listview items have the same index, the one more recently added appears first, if I remember right.
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Zakath on February 03, 2005, 10:44 AM
Bear in mind that people can have the same index. If two listview items have the same index, the one more recently added appears first, if I remember right.

I believe this is incorrect.  If you look at the 0x69 SID_FRIENDMOVED packet, each friend has its own index.  When you promote member 2, member 1 is automatically demoted to index 2.  If indices were not unique, the client would not have a defined way to keep track of the friends list.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Zakath

We were talking about the indices of listview items. That has nothing to do with the friendlist. :P
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.

UserLoser.

Quote from: MyndFyre on February 03, 2005, 06:11 PM
If indices were not unique, the client would not have a defined way to keep track of the friends list.

Oh, it does.  As long as it knows how many people are in your friends list, it keeps track of them :).  (See bncs message 0x66)