• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Need help with Reconnection code for vb

Started by Christ, April 13, 2003, 05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christ

Whats a Good,Fast but realible Source code for reconnecting, say, i want to reconnect fast to a server, and login just as fast any ideas where to start?

haZe

Learn how to walk before you run. If you don't know how to reconnect it after it's connected, then you either
1) stole code
or
2) had someone else make the bot for you
But, I'll tell you anyways.

Winsock1.Close
Winsock1.Connect "server", 6112

-1 for turning visual basic into visual bot studio

FiReGoD

christ, are you using cleanslatebot or? plz describe better

Spht

Quote from: haze the cow on April 13, 2003, 07:15 PM
Learn how to walk before you run. If you don't know how to reconnect it after it's connected, then you either
1) stole code
or
2) had someone else make the bot for you
But, I'll tell you anyways.

Winsock1.Close
Winsock1.Connect "server", 6112

-1 for turning visual basic into visual bot studio

All insults ever deemed on someone from this forum summed up right here. Truly amazing.

Zakath

What is this craze for "reconnecting fast," anyway? Seems extremely pointless to me.
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.

Banana fanna fo fanna

Arta

Quote from: Zakath on April 14, 2003, 10:24 AM
What is this craze for "reconnecting fast," anyway? Seems extremely pointless to me.

Floodbots.

ILurker

You wouldn't want a fast reconnecting bot for a floodbot, you'd want it to join/laave games fast, --Slowly reconnecting would decrease the chance of getting ipbanned (I think) ;)

dxoigmn

If a flood bot joined/leaved games then it could get banned from a channel thus defeating the purpose (if there is one  :-\) of that type of bot.

ILurker

That's what lord]zer0['s floodbot does, The bot joins and leaves a game over 10 times in less than a second and disconnects

Etheran

damn, I can't smite haze enough in a day, once isn't enough for me!

Christ

This isn't for a floodbot, its for Warrnet, being that drops happen and the only thing you can rely on to get ops is, speed/a good reconnecting bot. IS the reason i want some help, if anyone could supply a code better then what was supplied above, cause i've already used it, and ..it's slow.

Banana fanna fo fanna

Leave.
-1 to haze for being a hypocrite.

haZe

Quote from: St0rm.iD on April 15, 2003, 06:35 PM
Leave.
-1 to haze for being a hypocrite.
-1 to st0rm for accusing me falsely.

Zakath

+1 to st0rm for being smited unjustly by haze
-1 to haze for smiting st0rm in response to something that was true
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.