• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

I want to learn Java

Started by Mitosis, January 27, 2005, 07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitosis

Hey guys, I decided I want to learn Java since I heard some great things about it. First of all, I went to Java.sun.com or w/e it is called and I am kind of confused on what to download for the compiler -- if anyone knows thanks. Also, where could I start to learn Java on the Internet, as I can't buy a book for a while.

Thanks in advance!

Russ

The-FooL

It might be easier for you to use a free IDE, such as Eclipse.

Falcon[anti-yL]

Mitosis

Thanks, are there any good sites out there? iago pointed me to the one on java sun but it seams....like not for beginners.

j0k3r

java.sun.com isn't the greatest place... you should get NetBeansIDE 3.6 (since you're in ontario, I'm assuming your school will use what mine uses).
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Mitosis

Quote from: j0k3r on January 29, 2005, 07:38 AM
java.sun.com isn't the greatest place... you should get NetBeansIDE 3.6 (since you're in ontario, I'm assuming your school will use what mine uses).

Uh we don't get to learn Java next year, only VB6 :( But yeah I will get that thanks man.

MyndFyre

Just download 1.4.2 or 1.5 of the JDK -- Java Developers' Kit.  javac all the way baby!  :P
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Banana fanna fo fanna

Dynobird

http://www.clan-exile.com Java tutorials is good for getting started
one problem you may have at the beginning is compiling in cmd... save all your .java files in the bin folder!

Rule

Recommending that he start with an out of date version? tsk tsk
:o

R.a.B.B.i.T

Ignoring dates?  tsk tsk.