• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Country Store Shootout

Started by hismajesty, January 26, 2005, 01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DOOM

Quote from: Arta[vL] on January 27, 2005, 06:27 AM
Forged is totally right. This story is the exception, not the rule - what do you think the police would say, if you asked them  "In a robbery, should I do as I'm told, or try and shoot the criminals?".

They'd obviously tell you to do as you were told.

Right, it is the exception to the rule.  But how many propaganda commercials are force fed to us telling us some sad story about the little kid who was playing with his daddy's gun or the teen that got stoned and shot his friend?  Those examples are exceptions to the rule too.  Statistically, children are far more likely to drown in a swimming pool in their back yard than they are to be killed in an accidental shooting.  Perhaps we need to ban swimming pools.

hismajesty

Quote from: Arta[vL] on January 27, 2005, 11:44 AM
Because by trying, I inevitably increase the already unacceptably high risk that he will blow my brains out first.

Don't miss and you won't have to worry about that.

CrAz3D

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on January 27, 2005, 02:13 PM
Quote from: Arta[vL] on January 27, 2005, 11:44 AM
Because by trying, I inevitably increase the already unacceptably high risk that he will blow my brains out first.

Don't miss and you won't have to worry about that.
Use a short barreled shotgun, that way the thing has more spread & you havne Much better chances of hitting the low life.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Hazard

Arta and Forged, take the quiz I presented in that link and answer it honestly. You might be suprised with the ansers you get and the facts it presents to you.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Hazard

Quote from: Forged on January 26, 2005, 10:03 PM
If a guy pulled a gun on you the chances of you being able to pull out a gun and shoot him first are at best unlikelly.  The man in the store is just lucky the robber was a shitty shot.

So what you're saying is, that you shouldn't even bother trying to defend yourself?

Forged

I agree with you hazard, I am against fire arm bans, there for the quiz really won't show me much.  What I am saying is if someone pulls a gun out on you if yours is not already drawn the chances of you being able to pull out your gun and shoot him before he reacts is extremlly low.
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

Hazard

So you are still saying that taking steps to protect yourself is pointless so why even bother?

CrAz3D

Quote from: Forged on January 27, 2005, 03:57 PM
I agree with you hazard, I am against fire arm bans, there for the quiz really won't show me much.  What I am saying is if someone pulls a gun out on you if yours is not already drawn the chances of you being able to pull out your gun and shoot him before he reacts is extremlly low.
There is always the chance that the perpetraitor might get distracted then you can "blow his brains out."
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Forged

no, there is a gun under my car seat. Just saying this scenario doesn't happen very often, but might as well carry a gun because hell you could be that 1/100000 person that doesn't get shot because you killed the crook first.
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

Hazard

The odds are better than that, do some research.